what scope do you have on your ar?

alienx

Just curious what scope you guys are using on your set up I'm in the market for one and would like to know what y'all like?

I have a Millet trs-1. 4-16x50 30mm tube. It has been great so far, i have spun the dials a bunch. Glass is pretty good for the price range. Put the same scope on a buddies gun, he is insanely hard on his guns. Its been dropped a few times, one hit broke the sun shade off!! Surprisingly its still going.

Last edited:
I have a 1-4x on one, 4-14 on a couple, and 4-16 on another, and 6-18 on another one. Had an eotech on one. Going to be ordering one in 6.5-20 or higher. You will get all different magnifacations and all different brands from everyone. So go with low mag. some go with high mag. Some go with el-cheap-o's others will say spend as much on optics as you spend on the rifle. To each their own. One thing that I will say is get what you can afford and be happy. It is yours and no one elses.

The smaller scopes in the 2x7 range work best for my hunting ARs and the way they are used. I don't do any long range shooting nor turret spinning so the Burris 2x7x35 is a great inexpensive solution for my rifles. Plus they are light weight also.

On one I have a 2.8-10x Simmons Aetec and the other a 3-12x Sightron SI (both .223 16")...My .204 AR has a 4-16x Sightron, but that is for longer distance shooting at Prairie Dogs or a Ground Hog if I can find one...

I have a 3-10x Bushnell Elite Compact on one 6.8 SPC, and a
Nikon Buckmaster SF 6-18x40 Mil-Dot on a 6mm WOA, and
as soon as the mount arrives, a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44
on a LR-308. I go one of two ways. For tactical or short
range rifles, I go with a tough red-dot sight, co-witnessed
with a set of Magpul MBUS(Gen2) pop up sights. For long
range or medium range precision I prefer optics that are
sturdy, in the 2.5-10x range for medium range(

Currently I have a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 BDC on my Rock River PP, I have a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 mil-dot ready to go on in the next few weeks when I can get to the range. Nothing wrong with the Nikon it is just going to a different gun.

6x24 Sightron on one.

4x32 ACOG on one.

Aimpoint Comp M4s on one.

Aimpoint P.R.O. on one.

Nikon 4x16 M223 Rapid turret on one.

Aimpoint T-1 Micro on one.

Troy battle sites on one.

...I think that is all.

Leupold VX-2 Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm on one.

Acog on another. As my eyes get older the Leupold is getting more use.

Enjoy your youth while you are young.

A 3-9x40 is a good compromise of big and small. Large enough FOV up close, and plenty of power out to as far as I care to shoot at game. I like 'em light and fast handling, which rules out some brands........

100_0003.jpg

100_0143.jpg

I tried a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 on my first AR. I had mixed feelings. On my .204 AR I mounted a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40 Varmint Reticle. I'm very satisfied! I know some folks say 20x is a little over kill but I like being able to part hairs at 100 yds.

I have two 3-9X40 Nikons (1 Buckmaster and 1 ProStaff) on my AR's. As stated, I feel this is the best all around set-up. I am looking to upgrade the ProStaff at some point, but it works just fine for me. I am thinking they are both going to get Leupold MK-AR mod 1's in the near future.

I had a burris 4.5-14 which was kinda over kill for 75% of what I use that AR for. I just ordered a leupold mark ar mod 1 in 3-9x40 yesterday. The burris is getting transferred to my new bolt gun which will mostly be a long range targer rig.

Back