grey fox mount

jrcampbell

Sitting around being lazy and bored today and figured I'd post this up.

Wish I would've waited though, the one I got this year was bigger and nicer. Set me back $650.

Yes he did. I know a lot of guys shy away from him due to his prices, but the man is probably the best around, if not, he's close to it. I know when I was checking out pictures on the web quite a few looked pretty bad, I have no complaints with that, especially for my first mount.

Taxi's that are good with preds anit cheap,normally. I'd rather pay more and get good than pay less and look at a POS the rest of my life.

That's one fine fox !
thumbup1.gif

Good taxidermy work isn't cheap, and you definitely got your money's worth on that one. That's one beautiful job on that mount!!

Very nice! Most fox, yotes and bobcats for that manner, are hard to get right. 80% of the ones I've seen are bug-eyed like they've seen a ghost or they're half asleep. Good job on finding someone to do it right. You'll treasure it for years to come.

I'm extremely happy with it. I wish I had some pics of some of his display pieces. He's got a bear carrying a stringer full of trout in it's mouth and a hog that's jumping to the side away from a big rattler. He has numerous state, national, and world title plaques hanging up in there too. Not to sound like I'm advertising. And he lives 5 minutes from me! Now just need to get a red, a bobcat, a wolf, and a nice colored coyote.

I've seen quite a few fox mounts. Predators are a whole different degree of difficult for taxidermists. Lots of specialized work in the face that not many can pull off.

That right there, is the best fox mount I've ever seen. Great face detail.

$650 was a bargain $950 is about as low as you can go and make any money when your doing quality work like that.Thats why most good taxidermists are broke.Very nice job.

Back