Options for camo'ing weapon..what's yours?

I use McNetts in Army ACU, the pattern is pretty good plus I get 10 rolls for $35. That is enough to last a long time. Tractor Supply sells the wide vet wrap here in a zebra pattern, I use it for snow. I love the stuff, its camo, sound deadner and insulator. I like to wear as thin a glove as I can, an AR is a giant heatsink when its cold out and the wrap really helps. Here's a link where I get mine, I put it on lots of things, bipod legs, flashlights, the horn on my CS24.....

CamoForm on eBay

stuff1.jpg

Last edited:
I think it is useless. They never seem to see me 20 feet away with my all black gun or wood and blue. I think some of the rattle can jobs can look pretty awesome though.

I used the rustoleum camo spray cans. 5 base coats and when done 5 clear coats. If I can figure out why the pictures wont post I could show you mine also lol

url]
[/img]

Last edited:
I have used tape, and done several rifles with rattle can stuff, turned out pretty good. My new thing though is Cerakote. I decided to teach myself how to do that, and got set up with a home built oven, blast cabinet, all that good stuff. I have done six pistols practicing different things, and one rifle in just a straight matte black. Right now I am starting my first camo rifle project, I think it will be real nice when I get it done. I will be using some of the same colors I used doing this Glock.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXHere is a rattle can job I did a while back, I am going to do the same thing using Cerakote.

That looks really slick. I tend to make my camo paint jobs too "busy" and I like how clean yours looks. Good job!

As for whether or not camoing a gun is necessary, who cares? I have fun painting my guns.

Thank You.

In general I have learned that when doing camo on a weapon, that less is more. I usually keep the Nat Gear pattern in the back of my mind, as I believe it is about the best pattern going for my part of the world. A base coat that matches your country well, then about 25-30% coverage with the next layer in a big open pattern, then just a few highlights and that is about all you need. It is very easy to overpower a pattern with detail and turn it into a blob. A lot of camo patterns are designed as much to catch hunters as they are to actually hide something.

Originally Posted By: Coach512I used the rustoleum camo spray cans. 5 base coats and when done 5 clear coats. If I can figure out why the pictures wont post I could show you mine also lol

[/img]

Here ya go, Coach. You had too many "img's"

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXThank You.

In general I have learned that when doing camo on a weapon, that less is more. I usually keep the Nat Gear pattern in the back of my mind, as I believe it is about the best pattern going for my part of the world. A base coat that matches your country well, then about 25-30% coverage with the next layer in a big open pattern, then just a few highlights and that is about all you need. It is very easy to overpower a pattern with detail and turn it into a blob. A lot of camo patterns are designed as much to catch hunters as they are to actually hide something.

thumbup1.gif

Some nice stuff here! I came upon this thread looking for a way to camo my Shockwave. I've never used any of the "tape" and I just worry about them peeling off around any of the edges. Guess I'll just have to pick up some non-marring tape and see what I can come up with.

Back