NY Double

P.O.P Bros.

Had this male and female pair start howling right at last light and when i gave them a male answer howl back they showed up about 5 minutes later. Took the male at about 75 yards, luckily he started yippin after the shot and stopped the female at about 300 yards....the rest is all history. Talk about a lucky shot on that female!
0311142032-00_zpsd4d7ec7a.jpg

Last edited:
funny story about the holes....I shoot a .222 and usually load up the sierra 40gr. hornets which work great but I've recently ran out of powder and bullets so those are the work of Remington's 55gr soft point....along with my buddy's 22-250, who was also shooting soft points, not a good combo for coyote pelt but yes they were savable believe it or not

Originally Posted By: P.O.P Bros.funny story about the holes....I shoot a .222 and usually load up the sierra 40gr. hornets which work great but I've recently ran out of powder and bullets so those are the work of Remington's 55gr soft point....along with my buddy's 22-250, who was also shooting soft points, not a good combo for coyote pelt but yes they were savable believe it or not

Nice! Where in NY? My son and I are still unlucky, nothing coming in to our calls. Bummed for sure.

SMH608- I hunt a few different areas, these 2 were taken around Adams in Jefferson county but I also hunt in central Oswego county as well, lots of coyotes in Jefferson county but they seem to respond better down in Oswego, I think it's because there are far fewer predator hunters in Oswego county, I know quite a few guys who run coyotes with dogs up north, I don't know whether it has an effect on them but I've heard it can put a damper on calling them.

Back