Zeiss Conquest or Bushnell Elite 6500????

mmtx10

Will be sitting on a custom 260 rem mainly used for deer.
Most shot would be around 200 to 500 yards

Can't make up my mind. Anybody have anything to say about either scope?

You are not going to find much better glass than the Zeiss, as far as glass these two options aren't even in the same ballpark. BUT I own two 4.5-30 6500's and I like them, I use them mostly for shooting P-Dogs. If you can find a Conquest that fits your needs it's a no brainer IMO.

I own three Zeiss. My coyote set up is a Conquest 4.5 to 14 with varmint reticle sitting on a Rock River .223. I also have a customized Tikka 22-250 with a Zeiss 6.5 to 20 Conquests with the varmint reticle. Love both of these set up. I just bought a SAKO XS .223 Varmint and will be putting the new Conquest HD-5 on it. I think I will like the 5 -25 zoom with the varmint reticle. I have been very happy with zeiss. I also own Leupold and Nikon scopes.

Originally Posted By: BWBYou are not going to find much better glass than the Zeiss, as far as glass these two options aren't even in the same ballpark. BUT I own two 4.5-30 6500's and I like them, I use them mostly for shooting P-Dogs. If you can find a Conquest that fits your needs it's a no brainer IMO.

Yepper. I have owned one 6500 and one Conquest. Due to the lack of clarity with my 6500 I sent it back to Bushnell and after much fussing with them exchanged it for a 6-24X 4200. My 6.5-20X Conquest is my very favorite varmint scope. The very last one that I would sell had I had to rid myself of all but one.

See that rifle in my avatar? What do you think is mounted on it? That's right- my Conquest.

Zeiss. I bought one of the new 5-25x50 HD5's (RZVarmint reticle) and now I'm spoiled...but in a good way

Last edited:
I run a couple Zeiss's, a 3-9x40 and a 3.5-10x44 and I also have a 2.5-16x40 mildot Bushy 6500. The 6500 is a very nice scope with a fantastic zoom range for my 243 WSSM AR. However, the Zeiss's are quite a bit clearer, to my eyes. I'm actually kicking around selling the 6500 to purchase a new Zeiss HD 3-15x50.

Back