What scale do you use?

I should mention this. While I was in Engineering school and we had some lab experiments with electronic components I learn the chips/resistors/capacitors etc etc com in two groups. One group contains a sensitivity of 10% tolerance (that is +/- 10% for resistance of a resistor, So that means if a resistor is listed as having 1K ohms...it is actually 900 to 1100 ohms.)

Military applications have greater control over sensitivity for obvious reason. For example a BkackHawk helicopter communication device needs to have less sensitivity so not to misroute communications or landing. Military sensitivity tends to be up there in the 1% range. These type of components are not found typically at Radio Shack. Lol...

Now how does this apply to your electronic scale? I am guessing the brand of your scale is not made with extreme tolerance. This is my guess...but also probably other factors come in play like atomspheric pressure, density of air and water in air...ans the fact that after one day maybe the powder just weights less cuz it feels like it hehe.

This is all my guess. Bt hey lets not get too worked up over this...

I have a little 1500 that I use for checking bullet weight but it'll only read in a .2. such as 49.2,50.4,51.6 it will not read showing an odd number after the decimal. Couldn't find find anything about adjusting it. I have tried check weights also,no difference.

Originally Posted By: DANNY-LI have a little 1500 that I use for checking bullet weight but it'll only read in a .2. such as 49.2,50.4,51.6 it will not read showing an odd number after the decimal. Couldn't find find anything about adjusting it. I have tried check weights also,no difference.

I gave up on the Hornady GS1500. The beam scale I had wasn't the best, but it's what I used until today. Drumroll..... you guys convinced me to get the RCBS 505, and wow I LOVE it. Its extremely accurate, WAY better than my other beam, and that pitiful GS1500 paperweight.

MGYSGT,
I'm surprised there is another Pacific scale out there...ha ha I bought my Pacific beam scale in 1965 when I first started reloading and I'm still using it. All their stuff was Blue.
I still have a couple sets of Pacific dies also. They came in those Blue plastic boxes. Scale is very accurate.

EDIT: Does yours have the little bubble level built into the base of it? Mine does.

Last edited:
Back