savage 12FV vs. FCV

calebduff

looking at getting a .204 Ruger and savage has come out as my top two choices. I can get the FCV for about $160 more and it has a detachable mag that i like and the accustock. A lot of people have been saying in small calibers like this the accustock doesn't do much but i like to have a bit more in my stock than just plastic and the detachable magazine is just icing. makes everything just a bit easier. One thing that is pushing me away from the FCV though is the websit I'm ordering it from says that the FV has a heavy, button rifled barrel while it doesn't say much at all about the FCVs barrel. savages site doesn't have specs on this either. If the FV has a better barrel then ill just glass bed it and get some drop mag bottom metal. I know the FV is a shooter, I've seen a lot of one hole groups from them. Does anybody own or know how well an FCV shoots? can anyone compare the barrels for me?

I cannot comment on the FCV. But personally owning a .204FV I can't see the FCV being that much better. If it's the detachable mag that is your liking, then that has to be worth the extra $160. As far as the accustock, like you said, it doesn't make a difference in this caliber in my opinion. Talk to somebody who had the FCV, but you may want to consider spending the $160 you save on the FV and put it into your optics.

Back