Shockwave or cs24c

I'm about to buy a new call can anyone help. I know the shockwave has a few more things that the cs can't do right now and I'm sure the cs is a little louder but let's talk about carry ability and battery life if anyone with experience would chime in it be appreciated thanks

I can give you a little information. I have both calls.

I have been using the Shockwave for about a year or so. There are absolutely no con's in my opinion. I just put my Fox Jack 3 decoy on it so that's another perk for the Shockwave.

I have recently purchased a CS24C. I really like it. I have the TX1000 remote with both and have them set up identically with the same calls and same sequences. I hunt with my Uncle a lot and he has had a CS24 for a long time.

I will always have 2 e callers. IMO I have two of the best callers on the market. If I could only have one here is what I would do---If I lived west of the Mississippi I would probably keep the CS24C. Living here in KY I would probably opt for the Shockwave.

IMO Both calls have great clarity and volume. A little edge in clarity to the Shockwave but a little edge in volume goes to the CS24C.

As I said b4 I won't give up either but the Decoy would be the tie breaker for me.

You end up with a top line caller know matter which way you go. Two great choices.

I have no experience, but am in the same situation as you. I swore when the CS24 came out with the TX1000 remote, Id buy it. Now I'm having second thoughts so have not done anything. I too worry about the battery issue others have discussed. Don't like the speakers hinged the wrong way, with the lit panel facing away from you and toward a hopefully approaching coyote. The plastic looks cheap, the durability is unclear at the present time. There is no camo option to my knowledge, and 'Yoters Den is down for now. Not worried about a decoy; they frequently do more harm than good. I may just use my mouth calls until the next latest and greatest is released, and maybe some of these issues will be resolved.

Critter Gitter:

The battery life in the SHOCKWAVE is really good. I have used both the NIMH and the Lithium Battery Pack from FoxPro. I can get two or three days of hard hunting with NIMH. It takes forever to run down the lithium battery pack.

IMO I would pay the extra money and go with the rechargeable lithium battery pack---it last and last etc.

The TX1000 REMOTE will last about the same as the caller. It has a lot of bells and whistle's so it uses more battery than some other models I have had.

I use rechargeable in my remote now and carry 3 back ups when I hunt. Usually change them out every week. I hunt a lot so I change them weather they need it or not.

I know several people using the Shockwave and none of them are having any problems. Once you learn the personality of the Shockwave it is an easy to use caller AND IS LOADED WITH GOOD STUFF!!

It has also proven to be very durable with the hunters I hunt with and communicate with regularly. I am tough on all my gear as I just throw it in and out of my truck/UTV and I have had NO issues what so ever.

There is a camo option available from FoxPro on the Shockwave. It is an additional charge but looks really good.

If I were you I would give Zack a call at FoxPro and let him help you with your purchase. He has always given me good and accurate information.

Yote Yoda USMC

Originally Posted By: cmateraI have no experience, but am in the same situation as you. I swore when the CS24 came out with the TX1000 remote, Id buy it. Now I'm having second thoughts so have not done anything. I too worry about the battery issue others have discussed. Don't like the speakers hinged the wrong way, with the lit panel facing away from you and toward a hopefully approaching coyote. The plastic looks cheap, the durability is unclear at the present time. There is no camo option to my knowledge, and 'Yoters Den is down for now. Not worried about a decoy; they frequently do more harm than good. I may just use my mouth calls until the next latest and greatest is released, and maybe some of these issues will be resolved.

The lighted panel is not an issue...it turns off after a few seconds.

The battery life in the Shockwave and the CS-24C are both outstanding. If you opt for the lithium battery pack, it will last longer than the regular rechargeables. The settings on the TX-1000 remote can be configured to conserve battery life. If you use the good rechargeables like Yote Yoda mentioned, you have no worries. Both have excellent sound, good volume, and you can set up sequences under the Foxcast category, one click and then just watch.

Can live with that. Some guys are making a flap to cover it. I'll keep saving for one. $600 for the caller +100 for the li ion battery pack/charger, price unknown for the camo option which is not listed on their site and has never been seen by me, add a few more sounds and shipping and you need in the neighborhood of $1000. By the time I save for it, next years models will be out. I hope they improve the port covers on it.

well i went for it i just ordered the shockwave and the lithium battery pack charger had a free shipping coupon so i got out of there for only 699 to my door cant wait for it to get here

You have ordered a good e caller. The Shockwave has a ton of bells and whistles.

IMO the Lithium Battery Pack & Charger are a good upgrade. I have a FoxJack3 on mine now. They are always coming up with good gadgets!!

When you get your caller be sure to program the caller to tell it you are using a Lithium Batter Pack----that way your battery level indicator on the caller will be accurate. You will find that feature needs to be set on the caller----not the remote.

4Paws and I have whacked a lot of KY coyotes this past year and we both have been using the Shockwave.

Congrats and Happy Hunting.

CMatera:

I think if you call FoxPro they will tell you that they will add skull camo to callers for 50-75.00. I have never done that but I do recall being told that sometime in the past year!! If I am wrong I O U and FoxPro an apology.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Can live with that. Some guys are making a flap to cover it. I'll keep saving for one. $600 for the caller +100 for the li ion battery pack/charger, price unknown for the camo option which is not listed on their site and has never been seen by me, add a few more sounds and shipping and you need in the neighborhood of $1000. By the time I save for it, next years models will be out. I hope they improve the port covers on it.

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMC

I think if you call FoxPro they will tell you that they will add skull camo to callers for 50-75.00. I have never done that but I do recall being told that sometime in the past year!! If I am wrong I O U and FoxPro an apology.

Has anyone contacted Foxpro and found out for sure if the camo can be added?

Back