Introducing AmmoScum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaN

There is a new website coming soon and a Facebook page available now that aims to oust those gouging on ammo prices. Visit Facebook like and share the page http://Facebook.com/ammoscum and stay tuned for http://AmmoScum.com coming to a device near you. It's time to take a stand against those trying to hinder our right to enjoy our firearms without spending our kids college fund.

It's going to take a community of individuals to take a stand and crush these thieves! Share links to classified ads and companies that price gouge and make sure you let than know what you think of their scandalous activities.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf people would not be stupid and pay the high prices it would not happen.

Totally agree and that is why we will also have a place for those that want to sell their ammo for reasonable prices.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf people would not be stupid and pay the high prices it would not happen.

Exactly. Dont need a web site or face book page to solve the problem. The idiots paying the high prices are the ones that are causing it to continue. If they dont buy it, the others will not buy to resell.

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf people would not be stupid and pay the high prices it would not happen.

Totally agree and that is why we will also have a place for those that want to sell their ammo for reasonable prices.

How are you gonna keep the scum from buying it reasonable and reselling it?
Intentions seem good but I'll be surprised if you accomplish what you intend to. I'll keep an eye on it though, I bet it gets interesting. Good luck to you.

You are going to throw some people under the bus that don't deserve it. Don't buy the [beeep] and the problem goes away.

2 questions:

1. With Facebook about to kick anything "gun related" off of their site, how long will this last?

2. Who/how is it decided who is gouging and who's not?

I appreciate the intent and outrage the creators of this have, but the only way to stop the gougers and WHORE-DERS is for people to stop rewarding them for ripping them off.

People with money will continue to pay high prices. Its the ones (like me) that shop for the better prices that will suffer. No different than the high prices to attend gun show, movies, out to eat restaurants, deer leases, the list goes on. Granted, as long as people continue to pay, prices will stay high. JMO

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf people would not be stupid and pay the high prices it would not happen.

So this is YOUR business your pushing?

What ever happen to smart shopping. I don't need Facebook helping me do anything, least of all buying ammo. If it's priced right and I need it I buy it. If it's not I don't. Couldn't be simpler.

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf people would not be stupid and pay the high prices it would not happen.

So this is YOUR business your pushing?

Absolutely not. It's kind of an afterthought for people not wanting to take advantage of others.

I just want a place for people to go and see how bad it is out there. Maybe provide a place for those as mentioned to share a deal on decent priced items. Obviously this isn't something everyone is going to participate in but it has the potential to help curb the gougers. We being those who participate, help me build the site, etc. I own a web development company and we just refers to others that help on projects but I will be the main person taking this venture on.

Last edited:
It's one thing to post an ad somewhere selling something way overpriced it's a completely different scenario when your ad is targeted as a bad deal, and pointed out to the masses that it's bad. Most people I would like to think would give some thought to offering an item that is way overpriced for fear of ending up in the spotlight for being someone not to do business with. That's just my opinion.

Word of the "bad" gougers gets around pretty quick and has a lasting effect, most of the time..Case in point, "Cheaper Than Dirt"...When things got tight for shooters a few years ago, they were one of the first to really inflate their prices past normal profit margins....It took less than 48 hours for the fact to be mentioned on several websites and most boycotted them and many still do...Only the 'newbiies', uninformed, and 'hard up' buyers tend to order from them....and most of those are the ones that are too lazy to do some research on their own to find better prices and shipping...

"So this is YOUR business your pushing?"

"Absolutely not."

"I own a web development company ................ but I will be the main person taking this venture on."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yes, no, yes, maybe?

reminds me of the government trying to legislate morality, it never works.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleWord of the "bad" gougers gets around pretty quick and has a lasting effect, most of the time..Case in point, "Cheaper Than Dirt"...When things got tight for shooters a few years ago, they were one of the first to really inflate their prices past normal profit margins....It took less than 48 hours for the fact to be mentioned on several websites and most boycotted them and many still do...Only the 'newbiies', uninformed, and 'hard up' buyers tend to order from them....and most of those are the ones that are too lazy to do some research on their own to find better prices and shipping...

My vision for this site is an avenue for people to visit and get the info to make informed decisions when searching and buying ammo online. No one else out there is really pointing fingers in a single location and hopefully one day the site will be the source for finding where not to buy ammo.

I use gunbot.ney and the app AmmoFind. They both track prices and stock of online vendors. They list the price of the ammo package and price/round. Makes it very easy to see how the vendors stack up against each other. Sadly, I'm not the only one using these tools, when ammo at a reasonable price appears it sells out very quickly. Although these tools make it easy to compare prices between vendors, its impossible to know the margins each vendor is working with. Also it would be a strictly personal judgement call on which vendors are being "unethical". An example would be Cabelas, they show up on the list pretty regularly with reasonable priced rimfire ammo. But if you follow the link, there is a "one box per day per customer" limit on the stuff. They claim its to be fair and give everybody a chance to get some. But who is going to buy a 50rd box of 22lr online and pay shipping on top of it? I think the sales tactic is called Loss Leader and there is quite a bit of debate over the ethics of using it. The info is out there and easily seen at a glance, if you add your judgement of the vendor on top of it, don't be surprised if you hear from their lawyers.

"The info is out there and easily seen at a glance, if you add your judgement of the vendor on top of it, don't be surprised if you hear from their lawyers."

This what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back