Remington pump action rifles

I've seen beater PA Machineguns for sale here for just over $200 from dealers here sometimes. Everybody here has two. Thinking a few cheap ones and $225 a piece to rebore to 260, 358, 35 Rem, etc., and a Cerakote job may make a stable of nice, inexpensive mt. guns for bear and deer here in the laurel and rocks of northern PA. Hmmmm.....more $$ spent in my mind........

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Any fella from Pennsyltucky has a pump rifle of some sort. Mine happens to be a 308 win. It will be going through a facelift, soon. New stock and forend from Boyd's, Peep rear and a nice front sight of some sort. I'll never be without one in Penn's Woods.

I don't. My dad, however has 2 7600's, one in .243 and one in .260, and an old .35 rem with the spiral mag (not sure of model). I do have a marlin 336 in .35 rem though.

Now that I read all the posts i'm guessing his old .35 is a 141? awseome gun, shot my first deer with it. It was his uncles gun. He has it put up and won't use it anymore. won't let me either, even when I try to lay a guilt trip on him about being the gun I shot my first deer with. I've been checking the gun shops around here for one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jrcampbellOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Any fella from Pennsyltucky has a pump rifle of some sort. Mine happens to be a 308 win. It will be going through a facelift, soon. New stock and forend from Boyd's, Peep rear and a nice front sight of some sort. I'll never be without one in Penn's Woods.

I don't. My dad, however has 2 7600's, one in .243 and one in .260, and an old .35 rem with the spiral mag (not sure of model). I do have a marlin 336 in .35 rem though.

Levers are ok...but I sure like a pump...
grin.gif

My Dad, conversely, only uses bolt rifles...lol

I love that marlin, loved that old remmy too. Now that I think about it I got my first called in coyote with his 7600 .243, first coyote I killed I got with my flintlock. With hornady 95 gr SST that .243 will group 3 under an inch at 100 yds.

My Dad had one that we shot as kids. We put the hammer on the ground hog population for sure! It was a carbine model if memory serves me correctly. It shot great. Good guns.

A good friend of mine has a 141 in 35 Remington that was passed down in the family to him. Not mint condition but still very nice. It is a very cool gun with a period correct Lyman scope. He's used it to drop a couple of deer with it. They don't make em like that any more.

Last edited:
My dad and my brother both have a 760 in .30-06. They are a light, slick operating rifle. The slide is as smooth as their bolt action counterparts. I have a buddy that has one in .270 as well and I relapsed 110 gr vmaxs of it and it shot 1/2 MOA!! I remember him looking at me saying "you've restored my confidence in this gun!" I told him he's just been shooting crap ammunition. Sure enough it shoots just about any reload I can stuff down it at or below 1" at 100 yds.

Great guns. The pump action helps keep your eyes on the target for follow up shots too. Especially if you do a lot of bird hunting.

2muchgun what cal is that? I always liked those twisted mag tubes. By hey I like different guns. Need a model 8 in 300 savage

My '81 760 in .30-06 physically can't shoot factory 180 grain loads poorly. The biggest group I've gotten was just under an inch at 100 yards. The rifle looks like [beeep]. Bluing is gone and the wood is trashed but I got it for practically nothing at a gun show a few years ago when I had cash from a pistol sale burning a hole in my pocket.

One of these days I'm going to reblue it and refinish the wood. I have no interest in collector value and it's going to be a hunting rifle for the rest of my life. If I ever get a chance to go out west for pronghorn, it's going to be the first rifle I grab.

Definitely grab one if you can get it for a good price.

Originally Posted By: sigpros2muchgun what cal is that? I always liked those twisted mag tubes. By hey I like different guns. Need a model 8 in 300 savage

That is a 35 Remington. I run 200gr Hornady Interlocks(handloads)......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun141s rock.

This one was in the family before I was. Although, I quickly "obtained" it
thumbup1.gif

71F05186-85A2-4AE9-88E5-C3F80A57E17C_zpskl81eovw.jpg

5665C12D-9938-445B-AC01-74501F800CF0_zpspbic6bpl.jpg

Nice Marbles knife in there as well.

Thanks guys. Both knives and the camp axe are made by Marbles.

2 are very old, the other I bought new in the late 1990s after shooting a nice 7 pt. buck up near Marbles. Stopped by their store with the 7 pt. still in my truck. I used that knife on 1 black bear about 10 yrs ago and haven't used it since. Still have the receipt in the box.......

Back