Seekins MCSR V2 Install??

blopez50

Has anyone ever put one of these things on? Did the barrel nut give you trouble? Does it use a proprietary wrench?

I installed mine yesterday (on a non-Seekins upper) and the barrel nut gave me a [beeep] of a time. I wasn't able to find anything saying that they use a proprietary wrench but mine wouldn't work.... I had to cut off a couple pins. After that, the remaining pins were too big to fit in the barrel nut. I was able to get them in but then the barrel nut was out of round and the tube won't slide over it.

In retrospect, I should have just stopped and bought a new barrel nut wrench and tried again in a week. I have a tendency to get impatient and make things fit!

I've installed a handful myself and never had an issue with a DPMS barrel nut wrench. What wrench were you using? Did the wrench deform the barrel nut on the OD?

I was glad to see you guys get the 15" back in stock! I picked it up from you guys last week and couldn't wait to put it on.

I was using the PRI wrench. Like this one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/288479/pri-barrel-nut-wrench-with-extended-handle-ar-15

It did deform the OD. It doesn't feel that bad but that tube is such a tight fit that it's enough to throw it off.

If it gives me any trouble, I'll just call up and order another one from Seekins and pick up a DPMS wrench from you. I was able to tap on it with a small hammer and do some sanding so it'll go on now, just a tight fit.

10-4. Email seekins if you have any issues and they should square you away. I've never used one like the PRI but we've never heard that issue before. Could just be a PRI/Seekins issue?

Back