New Stainless Heavy Barrel B.MAG in .17WSM

Eric_Mayer

Wholesalers are now listing it. and there is one on GunBroker.

Eric
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I see they still can't get a barrel cleanly laid into the barrel channel. Seriously, Savage. C'mon!

Its that or the .49 cent stock wasn't molded to fit the barrel correctly.

Either way.... I'm fairly certain that's not its only problem.

Originally Posted By: tt35Why don't you just go ahead and say what's on your mind, Furhunter?
ohmy.gif

That pesky word sensor keeps me expressing my true feelings.
grin.gif

Whenever I can go into a sporting goods store and see a shelf full of 17 WSM cartridges I my be interested in a 17 WSM rifle. That is if CZ or Ruger starts chambering a rifle for the WSM round.. I m still waiting for some 17 Hornet ammo and brass I ordered March 2013.

To Bmag lovers the tune the haters sing is just white noise by now....wasting you breath . If you own one and have hunted with it then any improvements or new models are just music to our ears. Go to your safes and get out your favorite rifle and pet it and hug it and tell it you are glad it is not a Bmag while us happy owners will be out hunting and shooting our "Mags", and just as happy clicking our heals and smiling.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
tt2.gif
tt2.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
A good day to all hunters and shooters whatever you burn powder in !!!!!! Jim

Originally Posted By: bracerWhenever I can go into a sporting goods store and see a shelf full of 17 WSM cartridges I my be interested in a 17 WSM rifle. That is if CZ or Ruger starts chambering a rifle for the WSM round.. I m still waiting for some 17 Hornet ammo and brass I ordered March 2013.

Where do you live? Everywhere and I mean everywhere is the state of MO, IL, and AR can not keep it on their shelves along with all of the mail order company's on the web. They never have it in stock either.

Originally Posted By: 50vmaxshooter Originally Posted By: bracerWhenever I can go into a sporting goods store and see a shelf full of 17 WSM cartridges I my be interested in a 17 WSM rifle. That is if CZ or Ruger starts chambering a rifle for the WSM round.. I m still waiting for some 17 Hornet ammo and brass I ordered March 2013.

Where do you live? Everywhere and I mean everywhere is the state of MO, IL, and AR can not keep it on their shelves along with all of the mail order company's on the web. They never have it in stock either.

I make the rounds pretty regular here between Sportsmans, Cabelas and a large locally owned shop and I've never seen a box of the new 17WSM ammo for sale. You can buy the rifles but nothing to shoot thru them.

The dealers around me that have B-mags for sale,will only sell the little bit of ammo they have, if you buy a gun. I can't blame them for that.

I am new to this Forum and thought seriously about buying a .17 WSM rifle until I read your post about the Savage B-Mag. Why do you feel that way about that rifle? Are there other firearm manufacturers who make that caliber? Thanks.

Now Savage is making a newer B Mag Target model 17 WSM rife. By now, I expect that Savage has made changes that corrected the problems that were common with the first model B Mag rifles. Iv read that Ruger may be making a 17 WSM rifle this year so I m going to wait a while before getting a WSM rifle.

The majority of the heavy barrel guns have been decent shooters. The sporter barrel guns are still questionable. Savage has also changed the twist rate on the new guns to 1:8. Just remember the gun is only spec'd to shoot 1.5" @ 100yds.

I've seen .17 WSM ammo on the shelf at the local Dick's every time I've visited. My daughter has a BMAG that we need to play with this spring. If it shoots at all, I'll get her a nice short Boyds stock for it.

I still love both my B.MAGs (sporter and heavy barrel) and am adding a Franklin Armory upper to my collection here soon (already ordered).

Eric
cool.gif

Back