Has anyone used a $21.00 knock off pepr mount like this?

Dultimatpredator

I bought a Burris 1" pepr mount a few weeks ago to use with my 2.5x10 nikon monarch with mildots to use on my POF. I haven't mounted it yet since I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from POF. It had some cosmetic flaws on it. By the way POF customer service is great. There were some scratches under the mp3 coating...I think most of them were dings from getting it handed around at cabelas. Well, POF replaced the upper and is redoing the nP3 finish on the lower. So....I've had some time on my hands and came across this mount. I bought it off ebay today for $21.00 shipped in 30mm. The reason for it I have a loose scope, a silver 4.5x14 leupold, 30mm tube with a 50mm bell. I did some optics juggling last hunting season and this one belongs on my 300 RUM. But before I put it back on the rifle I figured for the $21.00 I would mount it on my POF to use for testing my reloads in it. Anybody use these mounts?

12846147654_2a3d323ab7_o.jpg

Last edited:
AR shooters are using just about every off-set mount there is, some are $20 others are $300....all do the same job IMO.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I wonder if it isn't just a BLEM that they won't stamp Burris on...

The ring tops are different. There are several different listings for this mount in black and earth on ebay. It's made in China like the Burris.

Last edited:
Once I get it I'll report back and do a side by side photo comparison. Bought my Burris from cabelas for $89.00. I'm courius to see the quality of the cheaper mount.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 5spdAR shooters are using just about every off-set mount there is, some are $20 others are $300....all do the same job IMO.

But not all do the job equally as well.

SWFA has the SWFA s.s.a.l.t. mount that i read somewhere is the same as the Burris for $59.00.
I'm going to try one out next time i need an AR mount.

Originally Posted By: greenhornet-1SWFA has the SWFA s.s.a.l.t. mount that i read somewhere is the same as the Burris for $59.00.

I researched it and saw the dementions were different on another site.

Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorOriginally Posted By: greenhornet-1SWFA has the SWFA s.s.a.l.t. mount that i read somewhere is the same as the Burris for $59.00.

I researched it and saw the dementions were different on another site.

Thanks for the heads up!

During the first gun buying craze (Obamas first term) when P.E.P.R mounts were hard to come by, a buddy ordered a half dozen of those for himself and I from china. I think we paid like $6 each plus shipping, which brought them to about $12 a piece. They worked in a pinch but they are not as tall as the Burris and harder to get proper cheek weld, for me anyhow.

Originally Posted By: doaDuring the first gun buying craze (Obamas first term) when P.E.P.R mounts were hard to come by, a buddy ordered a half dozen of those for himself and I from china. I think we paid like $6 each plus shipping, which brought them to about $12 a piece. They worked in a pinch but they are not as tall as the Burris and harder to get proper cheek weld, for me anyhow.

I think I read somewhere that they were lower than the Burris as well. I think this mount is closer to the SWFA in dimension

Last edited:
You bought a POF AR and put a $21 mount on it? If you were a bowhunter that would be like spending $1600 on a bow and shooting arrows that you bought from Wally World that were the wrong spine and not cut to your draw length.

I'm sorry to give you grief, but stand back for a minute and think about the beautiful rifle you bought, and then you put a Chinese piece of crap on it to hold your optic? The mount lets the optic do it's job.

Think American Defense or LaRue - buy once / cry once and be happy. It's your money, you get to do what you want with it, but it doesn't add up to me.

Sorry I was so blunt but sometimes guys just need a kick in the rear to open their eyes.

Originally Posted By: Clay34You bought a POF AR and put a $21 mount on it? If you were a bowhunter that would be like spending $1600 on a bow and shooting arrows that you bought from Wally World that were the wrong spine and not cut to your draw length.

I'm sorry to give you grief, but stand back for a minute and think about the beautiful rifle you bought, and then you put a Chinese piece of crap on it to hold your optic? The mount lets the optic do it's job.

Think American Defense or LaRue - buy once / cry once and be happy. It's your money, you get to do what you want with it, but it doesn't add up to me.

Sorry I was so blunt but sometimes guys just need a kick in the rear to open their eyes.

I did buy a Burris Pepr and plan on using it but wanted to use a higher magnification optic to test my reloads in it. I don't plan on keeping it on the rifle permanently just to load test . My 4.5x14 leupold target scope has a 30mm tube and my Burris is a 1" . I agree with you completely but I'm not going to spend a hundred to two hundred on a mount I'm going to use in an afternoon and then remove to install my other optic. You have me thinking now...to return my pepr and order a Wilson combat accu riser

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. Like I said, it's your money and you get to make your decisions. I get where you are coming from. I recently went through the "which mount to get" buying decision for my AR. I really looked at a Pepr but when it came time to actually buy something ended up with an American Defense Recon X mount with a 30mm tube, like this one. http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/8/

I just know that they don't give away POF rifles for $500 these days and was thinking that a man that made the commitment to buy that rifle just can't put that on the top. It hit a cord, just like a musician that can tell when someone is singing off of key for me. When I read that quickly it was like someone was scratching on the chalkboard.

Again, sorry that I was so forward, but sometimes, I just can't help myself. Thanks for not getting too bent out of shape at me blowing steam. It's all cool.

Honestly, the Chinese have no qualms about copying someone else's product and selling it for cheap. Some of them may be exact duplicates of the PEPR. Some of those Aimpoint clones even say Aimpoint on them.

I can't see the logic in using a Burris mount mount on a high end rifle, let alone some cheap Burris copy. There are so many better options on the market, it just doesnt make sense.

After using a Burris PEPR, I wont own another. Just like their XTR rings, Chinese junk that is the very ragged edge of serviceable.

Do you need QD? If so, I prefer the AD and Bobro offerings over the Larue. For me and my current needs, I dont require a QD mount. I am using an Aero Precision Ultralight extended right now, and loving it.

Back