World finest trimmer

Originally Posted By: dwayOriginally Posted By: SnaggltoofI can't believe what I'm reading, the WFT is so easy to adjust you don't need to send it anywhere, or have any master cases pre made. Sometimes I wonder if some people should even be reloading. It's like the meathead on the infomercial, set it and forget it. I don't think you can find anything more accurate for trimming cases, so your friend will be using your WFT once he sees how it trims
I am surprised you are even reading at all. IF you had read the instructions that came with the WFT you will see that it mentions having a master case that is pre-sized and pre-cut to make setting the cutter easier. Maybe someone who doesn't read instructions shouldn't be reloading.

Did the instruction say to mooch off the skills and talent of someone else or to make your own master? Maybe someone who can't do for themselves shouldn't be reloading.

HITF do you learn anything if you don't make an attempt to do it yourself?

Make your own dagum 'master case' if you really want. But I just set mine up and forgot about it. It doesn't move and cuts consistently. It is not that difficult. You're making a mountain of an ant hill.

If you can't setup a case trimmer, you certainly should reconsider reloading. It may just be too difficult for some to grasp.

Last edited:
You guys do it your way i did it mine. It all works out the same in the end. Also,i never said i couldnt set up a case trimmer, as i said earlier i didn't want to try to make .01" adjustments trying to get it set.

Last edited:
It's pretty simple...set the cutter to the depth of a fired, sized piece of brass. Measure OAL of the trimmer...measure brass to determine oh much needs to be trimmed...adjust the cutter down that much. Aaaannnnndddd....done. Simple.

Or have a piece trimmed to your desired length, insert that case into the cutter,undo the set screws and push the cutter down until it touches the case, lock it down and you are done.

Keep leaning on others to do your the tedious work...that will get you far.

Do you need to have someone else make dummy rounds for you so that there is not need to adjust dies?

Do you have someone else measure your powder for you so you don't need to adjust the powder measure?

its one thing to ask someone more knowledgeable for help or to show you how to do something but its quite another to have someone do the work for you because you don't want to adjust your tools a few thou at a time.

Half of the fun in reloading is getting things setup and dialed in to your desire. If/when my friends ask me to do something for them I don't simply do it, I tell them to stop by or I swing over and show them how to setup. Give a man a fish or ... teach him how to tie a knot
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: dwayI'm going to play internet tuff guy and put people down who do things different than me.

lol.gif

Take a chill pill, bud. Getting all worked up for nothing. Do as you want, but remember you started the internet tough guy approach...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dwayMaybe someone who doesn't read instructions shouldn't be reloading.

If you look at the post I quoted, it said that maybe some people (refering to me) should not be reloading. I was just defending myself.

Lets just drop it and agree that its a fine trimmer and be done with it, ok?

Last edited:
Ok, then...have fun learning to reload. It see you've got it all figured out, so no help is needed.

And it is true...if you can not set up this trimmer without someone else making a guide, how do you expect to ensure setting depth, powder charges, etc?

Reloading rakes fine adjustment and attention to detail. The same attention needed to set the WFT is needed to adjust dies, powder dispensers, seating depth, crimp (when needed) and many other things.

It's all just poking fun...no malice intended. Loosen up a bit.

Originally Posted By: dwayOK. I have a good friend helping me learn. He/we just thought it would be easier to set with a pre-cut case. I guess we were wrong.

Well sure it is but you didn't put forth any effort to learn anything along the way. Not even how to measure and adjust your own tooling.

The Internet is full of people in this hobby that can't do for themselves or are too lazy to figure it out by cracking open the pages of a reloading manual and reading it. Since your new at this, do yourself a favor and stop looking for the easy way out now and learn your craft. Stand on your own two feet and do for yourself. You will benefit from it in the long run.

Ok, leason learned. I would like to apologize to everyone in this thread for being so standoffish. I realize you were just trying to help and i took it all wrong.
-David

Originally Posted By: dwayOk, leason learned. I would like to apologize to everyone in this thread for being so standoffish. I realize you were just trying to help and i took it all wrong.
-David

Good on you sir! It takes a big man to look back and be able to realize his own faults without passing blame around and not many people can do that.

Just an aside, I for one (and I suspect others) did not have intentions of making things "personal." Sometimes though, a guy just needs a bit of a tap in the sack to see the light.

I never had the intentions of malice, just wanted to open your eyes to the "bigger picture". Crutches are find when you're on the mend...but never an end all. Just my opinion.

I just said if you can't figure it out you shouldn't be reloading, and I meant it, that is the easy part. Once you start using controlled explosions to push lead, a he!! Of a lot can go wrong. Mostly on the double charging end. I know common sense isn't as common as I used to think. As far as a master case, it would be helpful if you use the same trimmer to trim other cases in the same case family, and want to quickly move from caliber to caliber. Even then it's not necessary. Try it before you go by your buddy, and then you can show him something. And you will be able to trim 10 cases a minute, while he wears himself out on his hand lathe.

Back