leupold vx-1 compared to redfield revolution

cowpoke

how much difference is there aside from external "paint job" is there between the Leupold vx-1 series and the redfield revolution series.

I looked through one of each in the same magnification and lens size and could not detect any difference.

I am by no means trying to throw either under the bus,

I think they are both decent, just curious as to what the differences might be.

I have both and the only differences I see is that the redfield has a good click adjustments and the vxl is a friction type I think you call it. And to me, I think the redfield has a wider field or view. Both great scopes, and actually the redfield made me a fan when I put it on my 223 and poor boy bore sighted it. The first 3 shot group was 6" to the right and an inch low. So 4 clicks up and 24 clicks to the left, the next 3 shot group was dead center bulls eye. They are great scopes in my opinion!!!

The current VX-1 has click adjustments. And it has the Leupild Muti-coat lense system. You will notice a touch better in low light.

Somewhat related,

I compared my Leupold VX II 6-18x40 side by side with my Redfield Revenge 6-18x44.

The Redfield was noticeably clearer and brighter at 18 power. The downside to the Redfield was at 6 power it had a fisheye effect.

Chris

I've had both... I could not tell a difference except a $50 price tag. I like the LR duplex of VX 1 better than the circle of the AccuRange. My eyes don't do well with circles in scopes.

For a 3-9x40 with a duplex? Save the money. Get the Redfield.

Back