JP enterprises trigger spring kit

brusso89

i bought the jp enterprises fire control system trigger spring kit 4.5 (not the yellow 3.5 spring kit) installed it in my smith and Wesson M&P/magpul (co branded lower) mid length ar 15 today. without polishing or anything the STOCK trigger is averaging 6 pounds with the lyman trigger pull scale. I thought I would get this kit and pay $10 bucks and lower the pull to at leasy 5 pounds. wrong, after installing it was averaging over 7 pounds! every review I have read say they work but it actually made mine worse. I guess I was expecting a miracle trigger for only $10. yes i installed them right, 2 separate times just to make sure. oh well what can you do...

Last edited:
you are supposed to get the yellow reduced power springs. I believe the red springs are only for the jp fire control group.

joebob

QUOTE:

JP Reliability Enhanced Spring Kit, 3.5-4.0 pound trigger pull with JP fire control parts. This kit includes our Yellow Trigger Spring, Red Hammer Spring, and Disconnector spring. To be used ONLY with JP trigger parts. Will NOT yield substantial change on standard AR-15 trigger components.

nope, the red spring is supposed to only be used with jp triggers. I have the yellow spring in more than a couple lowers and I have yet to have a light strike. cci #41, rem 7 1/2, rem 9 1/2M, cci 400, cci 200.....they all go bang.

Plus I have not ever had one that came down to 3.5lbs. 4-4.5lbs is about all you will get, maybe less if you polish but I don't do that. The jp yellow springs and I add a set screw in the grip hole to remove the creep.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatornope, the red spring is supposed to only be used with jp triggers. I have the yellow spring in more than a couple lowers and I have yet to have a light strike. cci #41, rem 7 1/2, rem 9 1/2M, cci 400, cci 200.....they all go bang.

Plus I have not ever had one that came down to 3.5lbs. 4-4.5lbs is about all you will get, maybe less if you polish but I don't do that. The jp yellow springs and I add a set screw in the grip hole to remove the creep.

Are you doing this with a single stage or 2 stage trigger?

Back