UN Resolution 2117 Fails US Senate

UncleDoc

This resolution which calls for weapons collection and disarmament has just failed to pass the US Senate in a 53 to 46 vote. It is important to know who supported this resolution so you can convey your disappointment in them the next time you visit the ballot box. Here is a list of the elected officials who voted to give your constitutional rights away to the United Nations. They are:

Baldwin (D-WI), Baucus (D-MT), Bennett (D-CO), Blumenthal (D-CT), Boxer (D-CA), Brown (D-OH), Cantwell (D-WA), Cardin (D-MD), Carper (D-DE), Casey (D-PA), Coons (D-DE), Cowan (D-MA), Durbin (D-IL), Feinstein (D-CA), Franken (D-MN), Gillibrand (D-NY), Harkin (D-IA), Hirono (D-HI), Johnson (D-SD), Kaine (D-VA), King (I-ME), Klobuchar (D-MN), Landrieu (D-LA), Leahy (D-VT),Levin (D-MI), McCaskill (D-MO), Menendez (D-NJ), Merkley (D-OR), Mikulski (D-MD), Murphy (D-CT), Murray (D-WA), Nelson (D-FL), Reed (D-RI), Reid (D-NV), Rockefeller (D-WV), Sanders (I-VT), Schatz (D-HI), Schumer (D-NY), Shaheen (D-NH), Stabenow (D-MI), Udall (D-CO), Udall (D-NM), Warner (D-VA), Warren (D-MA), Whitehouse (D-RI), Wyden (D-OR)

Please remember these people the next time you vote. And remember to support the NRA.

My senator voted for it like I knew he would. Didn't vote for him last election and won't in the next. Doesn't make any difference. Too many liberals in the northern part of the state to overcome.

I just sent my senator baldwin of wisconsin an e-mail, (i suppose it will get deleted) expressing my being appalled by her action on this matter, i later in the e-mail mentioned how ashamed i was of her vote.

I sent Baldwin and e-mail also. I don't think she will respond, if she does I'm sure it will be done by one of her interns. It is a shame that the D. party says they are for the middle class, but do what ever they can to hurt the 2nd amend. They don't understand that we the middle class spend money on our hunting trips, guns, ammo, gas, food, which all support other people and communities. That tax revenue support our government an pays there wage. I still would like to see 2 term max in office with no special retirement or special heath care when they leave. We pay for it and we have no say.
Sorry for the rant.

That is a lot closer vote than I'd like or thought would happen. That's just sad... The big "D" is right. These people don't deserve to be in office in my opinion...

Originally Posted By: Mike BOur Obama/Commy-loving Casey did the same, as usual. The cities, and his Daddy's name, keep him in office here.

I also find it hard to believe people vote for a jerk like him just based on his name, but if you look around the country, it happens everywhere. just shows what morons will sell their vote for.
Barry

I see the twin fools from the great state of Colorado were on board. Given the latest recalls and such I would say that they got balls for sure. Gonna see how that works out for 'em.

Now some of the Dems, don't know which ones, but not the ones from VA, may have voted Yea because they knew it wouldn't pass and could burnish their Lib credentials.

Originally Posted By: Stick895Any person who favors firearms and votes for Dems almost deserves to have them taken away.

It's just amazing to me that US Senators from these states swore an oath to defend and protect the Constitution, yet then vote to take away the Second Amendment, I wonder how they square that up?

At times it feels at though you cannot make a difference, but, I for one, will be out with signs and helping whoever runs against McCain the next time he comes up.. I can't grumble if I don't get out there and try to make that change.

Back