New model Browning A5?

jrcampbell

Anybody using one of these? Or know someone who does? Thought I fell in love with a super vinci, but when I picked one of these up I fell even harder. No offense but don't tell me to get an SBE2, if I end up with a benelli it'll be a super vinci. Just can't get over how well the A5 shouldered and pointed for me. Talked to a guy yesterday with one and he loves his, says on a recent waterfowl trip the A5's were the only guns to not jam. But you know how hunting stories go.

Love mine. No issues yet, but heavy loads certainly re-adjust the horizon line! Points like a dream doesn't it!

I was amazed and pretty sure i started drooling immediately. the one I held yest confirmed it. Kid I talked to yest said he had just come from shooting 1000 rnds at clays and no issues with the light trap loads.

How long have you had yours jwg?

I think you should look at some duck hunting forums. It seems that they do have some jamming issues.

I really liked the way they feel and point, but ended up getting a SBE 2. The Beretta a400 was te next best feeling rifle, I just didn't want to go gas.

I've heard of issues with every semi out there. I know most guys love their sbe 2's but I've talhed to a few people that had numerous issues with theirs. I like the super vinci better, if I go the benelli route.

That's true. Not sure if there is a bad one out there. I was always told to pick whatever "B" gun fit you best. The new A5 was a little too new when I bought my shotgun though.

I still haven't got the chance to play with a Vinci, but I like my Cordoba more then my SBE.

The sbe 2 just seems weird to me, the super vinci is one ugly gun but fits well. The a5 fits great and has mostly good reports. From what I could gather there seems to be a correlation between malfunctions and when browning misjudged the popularity of the wood stocked guns. Maybe trying to push too many out too quick? who knows. I do know that I got a tough decision. I do like the beretta a400 a lot too.

I wish I had something concrete to offer, but I can only say that, as a long-time Auto 5 shooter, I fell in love with the A5 after handling it for a few minutes. I'm now saving and hoping to have one to shoot by next waterfowl season. If you get one before me, let me know how you like it!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jrcampbellAnybody using one of these? Or know someone who does? Thought I fell in love with a super vinci, but when I picked one of these up I fell even harder. No offense but don't tell me to get an SBE2, if I end up with a benelli it'll be a super vinci. Just can't get over how well the A5 shouldered and pointed for me. Talked to a guy yesterday with one and he loves his, says on a recent waterfowl trip the A5's were the only guns to not jam. But you know how hunting stories go. I picked one up the other day and you are correct it pointed very nice and pointed well.The $1350 price tag seem a little to much IMHO.

Best hunting buddy has one and loves it. IMO they are a much better fit for me than the original A5 as the hump is not as pronounced. The extra long chokes that these come with throw a great pattern with steel waterfowl loads. His has only jammed a couple of times in aprox 3 cases of shells. I will agree with coobie, the price tag is high. (as is the price tag on the Benelli, Beretta, and Browning Maximus).

desert ram- I will be sure to do that, if I can ever make my mind up.

Triple deuce- only like two of the inertia guns Ive picked up: A5 and super vinci. haven't been able to try any others except for the sbe 2 and stoegers, which I did not like at all.

The price doesn't bother me all that much. Other than a few high end o/u's those two fit me the best and felt great.

Buddy of mine has one and loves it. He has put a good number of shells through it at the skeet range and over the water, I've not heard him complain. I thought it pointed nicely the one time I grabbed it in the duck blind this year.

Originally Posted By: 223PeteI agree they look nice. I would still choose a Maxus though. Never had a problem with my Maxus.

Eh, I thought it was one of the worst fitting and feeling guns I picked up.

Yea, could be. The best inertia shotgun I ever had was a HK SBE with the low rib. That thing worked great. Another one I wish I had kept.

I've got a new model Stalker A5 and it does pull up nice and feels/shoots great, have had no issues in the meager shooting I've done with it, but have two other gas guns that I prefer over it, so I decided I don't need 3 semi-autos. My A5 is for sale if you're interested.....PM me, I'll save you a couple hundred on a like new gun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: huntin4wileyI've got a new model Stalker A5 and it does pull up nice and feels/shoots great, have had no issues in the meager shooting I've done with it, but have two other gas guns that I prefer over it, so I decided I don't need 3 semi-autos. My A5 is for sale if you're interested.....PM me, I'll save you a couple hundred on a like new gun.

Black or camo? Still not interested in trades?

Back