204 ruger/hodgdon superformance

Originally Posted By: coues7Anyone got load data? Is this a good powder for the 204?

Not the same powder they use in superformance ammo.

Every thing I have tried the superform powder in has been a bad experience.

Don't waste time or money on it.

I agree. It seems like that's the only powder my 204 doesn't like. It won't hurt you to try though if you already have it

Superformance won't do to well in the .204 as it is too slow. The Leverevolution powder on the other hand I am quite sure would do fine in that caliber. The only round that I have found so far that did well with Superformance is the .243 with 70-80gr bullets.

What is a good load for a 204 in an AR we have always used hornady factory 40 Vmax in a Cooper bolt gun and now thinking about a good reload for an AR. We have everything to reload but have never used it yet.

Originally Posted By: bryan hWhat is a good load for a 204 in an AR we have always used hornady factory 40 Vmax in a Cooper bolt gun and now thinking about a good reload for an AR. We have everything to reload but have never used it yet.

Use the Google bar at the top of the page.
Type in something like "204 AR Loads."

You will be amazed.

H335, A2230, Tac, W748, tons of good powders. I found a load with H335 and 32 grainers that shoots 5 shot groups in the .4" range out of my AR.

Hodgdon.com and Accuratepowder.com are your friends for load data.

I don't have a load off the top of my head because I don't shoot the 40's much, mine is used for p-dogs as it's a heavy 26" barreled beast. But I believe when I tried them they shot well with a near max charge of H335.

Also I can tell you with a couple other AR's I've messed with for friends the loads shot better loaded at 2.3" oal. The stainless steel mags like c-products and AR-Stoner will allow that length.

HTH

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI don't have a load off the top of my head because I don't shoot the 40's much, mine is used for p-dogs as it's a heavy 26" barreled beast. But I believe when I tried them they shot well with a near max charge of H335.

Also I can tell you with a couple other AR's I've messed with for friends the loads shot better loaded at 2.3" oal. The stainless steel mags like c-products and AR-Stoner will allow that length.

HTH

What have you found works best for 34gr dogtowns and 35gr bergers?

I use the same load of H335 with the dogtowns, really haven't worked with the bergers much at all. I've got a box of them, but don't use my 204 for coyotes as it weighs around 80 pounds, lol. IMR 4198 actually worked ok with 32's and 34's also, but I only used it because I bought a few pounds stupid cheap. It's too much of a pita to load (weigh each one) to use it a lot. In the small calibers I try to stick with spherical powders so I can drop the charges in a powder measure.

I had great results w/LeverRev. powder in my 30-30 and max. suggested load. Wish I had a chrony to see if it is that much better than others velocity wise.
Have several rounds of 300 WSM to try with the Superformance but just has not been nice enough/time has not allowed me to get back out.

Back