JPoint Red Dot Sight? Anyone? Burris Mount Compatible?

Varminterror

Liking the looks of the JPoint red dot sight for the Ruger Super Redhawk. It replaces the rear sight.

My concern is the JPoint sight. I have ZERO experience with the JPoint sights, anyone have one? How does it compare to a Burris FastFire II or III?

My other option would be a Burris FastFire mount that locks onto the Ruger dovetails (not an option on the Ruger SRH Alaskan though), but I think it would ride higher.

SO....

Does anybody know if the JPoint mount is compatible with a Burris FastFire II or III sight? The mounts for both look quite similar (4 posts and 2 screws), but I don't have any measurements to know if they're compatible or just look similar.

Nevermind. JPoint makes a JPoint to Docter adapter, and Burris shares common footprint with Docter, so looks like I have my mount/sight compatibility figured out!

But still looking for opinions on the JPoint sight. I'm a little itchy putting a plastic bodied Red Dot on top of a revolver, especially one that might be a defensive pistol (the JPoint is the ONLY mount that will work with a Ruger SRH Alaskan). BUT, I'm also nervous about strapping a sight that's twice as heavy as the mount is designed for onto my revolver.

Back