External Speaker

Bail

I'm in the market for an external speaker for my hellfire. I've been looking at the spfr1 and the sp 60. Any suggestions? What do you guys use for extra sound?

You would like the SP-FR1. Not only will it give you more volume but you gain that broad frequency response that the Mylar tweeter will add to your Hellfire.

The SP60 will only add volume (NO TWEETER). Adding any quality speaker to your Hellfire will also give you directional sound like the Shockwave (which has 2 Mylar Tweeters).

SP60 is identical to the Hellfire speaker

The SP60 and SP-FR1 are about the same weight but look totally different. The SP60 is 10W and the SP-FR1 is 12W.

IMO the SP-FR1 speaker is the way to go with a Hellfire or CS24C.

Last edited:
Hey nyttrain i got a wildfire 2 also and was looking to get a little more volume/directional sound and was originally gonna go with the sp-60, but after a little research i will be ordering the sp-fr1. Reason being i want more volume which either of those speakers will do (from what i understand the sp-60 would be louder) but the sp-fr1 will make my sounds sound much better with the wider broad frequency range which i really like. I had trouble finding info on if the wildfire 2 amp would be able to push the sp-fr1 enough to make it a worth while purchase so i also went ahead and bought a mini amp too with seperate power source to hook the wildfire to the amp and then run the amp to the speaker. Im hoping i wont have to do all that but ill give my review of how it sounds with just the wildfire vs the wildfire and sp-fr1 vs the wildfire, amp, and sp-fr1 when i get everything in next week

Well it sounds great!! Only problem is that it is pretty big and cumbersome. I did have to do a home-made camo job on it. I used it yesterday for the first time. 18 mph wind and 18 below wind chill. It was almost too loud on my hellfire volume 16. So on a real windy days I think it's gonna do great and that's what I bought it for.

I forgot to come back and check in. That sounds great! I wonder if the wildfire can effieciently run that speaker. I'm dealing with same darned Kansas wind so any additional volume would be helpful.

I don't know if it would or not. It sure sounds good though. I started with the wildfire last year and upgraded to a hellfire after 2 months. Just wasn't loud enough. Hellfire is loud enough most of the time. I was a hand call guy for a lot of years and after my first outing with the wildfire, I was hooked on foxpro. Called in 9 coyotes in 3 sets. Now I just carry the hand calls with me...just in case.

Back