A Triple as season ends!

Pruson

First stand tonight was at the edge of dark. Started out with
Ranting Red Bird, no results, shifted to Gray Fox Pup and saw the first one coming in hard, had to toss the shooting sticks and swing the Browning Micro Hunter 17 Ackley Hornet free hand on a running shot, rolled him. Catch movement to my left and coming a cross a log about six or eight feet above the rushing water in the creek was Gray Fox number two, bang! High dive into the creek, jumped up and ran down to recover him before the current took him out of reach, got em. FoxPro still playing as I went back to my resume my position. Glance up the hill and here comes number three full tilt, ran right head first into a 20 grain V-Max out of the little Ackley. Season is drawing near its close here in Virginia, gotta love a stand like this near the end of season.

Pruson, that is AWESOME! It sounds like it was a real heart-pumping stand; unbelievable free hand on a running shot too!
Congratulations on a great hunt, and thanks for sharing it with us. Those look like beautiful grays!

Way to go
smile.gif

Good for you!
I had 1 red show himself, and 2 grays come in together the other night on the same stand, but only killed 1 of the grays. If the weather forecasters are right we might have a couple of good nights this week before the season ends. Good luck to you.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrGood for you!
I had 1 red show himself, and 2 grays come in together the other night on the same stand, but only killed 1 of the grays. If the weather forecasters are right we might have a couple of good nights this week before the season ends. Good luck to you.

Thanks, I used up a lot of my luck last night....

I know this is an old thread but Pruson, I notice you are in Hanover Co. which is where I live. Where do you hunt if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to hunt around here but I don't know anyone personally who will let me hunt on their land or even if yotes are around Hanover Co.

Back