Tikka T3 Varmint vs Tikka T3 Lite

Grant123

I was wondering which of these two guns (Tikka T3 Varmint or Tikka T3 Lite) would be best for hunting because i have heard alot of good feedback for both of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I think it depends on what your hunting. I have the T3 Lite in 243 because I do alot of walking in rugged terrain. I use it for deer and coyotes.

The varmint is barrel heavy for off hand for my taste. Ideal for bi-pod, bags,rest. May heat up a little slower(and cool down slower) on extended shooting, little less muzzle jump. It carrys well going between sets with a good sling but may not be ideal for a lot of hikeing. The varmints stock has the wide beavertail forearm and raised cheek weld. I really liked the stock fit and for me the cheek weld is ideal with a 40mm scope objective kept low to the barrel. Even though I think it's there for large bell (50mm) scopes.

Bottom line- May be slightly better for varmints and bench IMO.

The lite balances better off hand, 3 position, sling shooting IMO. It may carry better for extended hikes. The barrel may heat up a little sooner for extended shootin. Can still be shot from bi-pod,sticks,etc. with a little more muzzle jump/recoil.

Bottom line- May be slightly better for predators and 3 position IMO.

"Differance"- Stock forearm and cheekweld,barrel contour,overall weight. The varmint also has a very nice crown on it. Not sure about the lite?

Last edited:
the tikka varmints beaver tail forearm and raised cheek peice, that bill mentions, are just glued on plastic parts to the regular t3 stock, yucka!!! I was gonna buy one until I saw that

Originally Posted By: Michael HIs there a T3 Tactical Light model? Or did I just dream it?

The 2014 catalog has a Tikka T3 Light with an adjustable cheek piece (to answer a question from nearly 8 years ago).

Back