RRA suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that are so inclined, go to your local Walmart and pick up a copy of Tactical Operator published by Shooting times. It has a good article written by Tom Beckstrand about 2 new rifles RRA built at the request of Editor Eric Poole. Good writing and some pictures (for those who need them :)) about the 2 rifles. It also gives a little history about RRA. I don't own a RRA so I don't have a dog in this fight although I am considering one of their uppers for a future build. kwg

My wife carries Noveske in the trunk of her patrol car. Her life may depend on it.

I have a Noveske for the night stand. My life may depend on it.

My pred/varm rifles are built to group and nothing else. They are not all milspec. My life doesn't depend on it.

Those in the milspec crowd who shoot anything other than Remmy or McMillan bolt guns are hypocrites.

Those in the milspec crowd who drive anything other than MRAP's or Humvees are hypocrites.

Those in the milspec crowd who eat anything other than MRE's are hypocrites.

Those in the milspec crowd who wear Wrangler/Levi/Carhart/Redwing etc are hypocrites.

Those in the milspec crowd who criticize those who use other than milspec parts for their builds for their HUNTING rifles are, in my opinion, nothing more than mall ninjas who like to look important and show off all of their "Built to a standard" knowledge.

OK, you know the difference between 158c and potmetel, good for you...

M4carbine and Arfcom are great sites and I frequent them both a lot. But not for my hunting needs. If you go to either and start pushing DPMS/Bushmaster/RRA/etc. be prepared to get lambasted, and rightfully so. THEY are not hunting forums.

I swear I am the only freakin' AR shooter that gets it......
mad.gif

This is a very good post.

Originally Posted By: NightvisionaryM4 Carbine is hardly a Colt or nothing forum. Sounds like you asked a question and didn't get the answer you wanted to hear so you came to this forum to complain about it.

M4C is probably the most technical oriented AR forum. There are a large number of industry professionals that post there. These include many current and former special operations members, contractors who performed depot level small arms maintainance in Iraq and Afghanistan for the DOD, research managers with highly regarded companies with current small arms contracts with USSOCOM, law enforcement tactical officers, and highly regarded tactical instructors.

If you ask a question about quality, durability, and overall servicability they will give you a straight no B.S. answer. There are plenty of lower quality AR's that will give perfectly acceptable service as a hunting rifle but hunting is not what that forum is oriented toward so don't get your feeling hurt.

Go to M4 or Arfcom for your Selfdefense/military needs, come here to P.M. for your hunting needs, and never let the two meet.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: C.JayThis is a very good post.

Originally Posted By: NightvisionaryM4 Carbine is hardly a Colt or nothing forum. Sounds like you asked a question and didn't get the answer you wanted to hear so you came to this forum to complain about it.

M4C is probably the most technical oriented AR forum. There are a large number of industry professionals that post there. These include many current and former special operations members, contractors who performed depot level small arms maintainance in Iraq and Afghanistan for the DOD, research managers with highly regarded companies with current small arms contracts with USSOCOM, law enforcement tactical officers, and highly regarded tactical instructors.

If you ask a question about quality, durability, and overall servicability they will give you a straight no B.S. answer. There are plenty of lower quality AR's that will give perfectly acceptable service as a hunting rifle but hunting is not what that forum is oriented toward so don't get your feeling hurt.

Go to M4 or Arfcom for your Selfdefense/military needs, come here to P.M. for your hunting needs, and never let the two meet.
thumbup1.gif

Agreed

I am not trying to have this argument anymore but for the record I was not going back and forth. The only thing I said was I do like the 4150 barrel over the 4140. I do recall though saying that when I was in Iraq I would have loved to have my RRA over my M4 colt. Just saying. I know my experience counts for nothing but I am just saying. I would count on my RRA any day to protect myself or my family. Oh wait I do. You cant set here and tell me what is wrong with RRA except they are not mil-spec. Just like the great Tommy boy said. I can put [beeep] in a box stamp gurantee on the back of it but it doesnt mean its not [beeep]. just saying. I love how people keep talking about M4C and Arfcom being military sites and pm being a hunting site. Heres is the thing. Alot of people on here are military. Also alot of people on here have a ton of experience. So when I make a post on M4C asking a question and I challenge their so called answer the post gets shutdown because I dont agree with them. So yea I came back to PM. Oh by the way the post I put on M4C I had also put on here first. Was not getting much info so I posted on there thinking since it was strictly a M4 site I might get more responses. When my post got shut down I came back here. Yes. I did. I know all the RRA lovers on this site and couldnt believe the bashing I had recieved with no real answer. I was not going there for hunting tips. I was not going there for a hunting rifle. Which by the way RRA doesnt just make hunting rifles. I was going there for a question regarding an AR. I started to see a pattern. If it was not Colt, DD, Noveske, LWRC, POF, BCM, BRO, mil-spec and 1500 or over then it was considered junk. Sounds like real logic. Oh also I forgot about how all these members were at war. My bad I forgot how the military lets you use your own weapon. Oh wait they dont. They issue you one. The one they issue you, you cant even buy as a civilian unless you have a class 3 FFL. So your argument of owning mil because your life depends on it is kind of out of the window. Unless I missed where your civilian Mil-spec rifle inside your house had thousands of rounds going through it while sand and dust were swirling all around you. You know because you need to depend on that mil-spec AR that you are not going to war with and it sets in your home unless you take it to the range. Unless the revolution started and I missed it. Oh well I will have my RRA.

I guess what really gets me is how you can say my rifle is junk? I was not on that site to bash anybodys stuff. I wasnt trying to do that. I am not trying to do that on here. It pissed me off when you set there and say my stuff is junk and when I try to respond I got shut off. So yea I came back home to PM. Maybe someone on here could explain this logic to me. Who would have thought that my OP that had nothing to do with RRA would have lead to all this.

Everyone has a opinion. Sometimes you just have to let it go. It's only a forum, people stating their opinions or regurgitating what they read. Each forum is a little different about what is quality and what is not.

Originally Posted By: cmil84I am not trying to have this argument anymore but for the record I was not going back and forth. The only thing I said was I do like the 4150 barrel over the 4140. I do recall though saying that when I was in Iraq I would have loved to have my RRA over my M4 colt. Just saying. I know my experience counts for nothing but I am just saying. I would count on my RRA any day to protect myself or my family. Oh wait I do. You cant set here and tell me what is wrong with RRA except they are not mil-spec. Just like the great Tommy boy said. I can put [beeep] in a box stamp gurantee on the back of it but it doesnt mean its not [beeep]. just saying. I love how people keep talking about M4C and Arfcom being military sites and pm being a hunting site. Heres is the thing. Alot of people on here are military. Also alot of people on here have a ton of experience. So when I make a post on M4C asking a question and I challenge their so called answer the post gets shutdown because I dont agree with them. So yea I came back to PM. Oh by the way the post I put on M4C I had also put on here first. Was not getting much info so I posted on there thinking since it was strictly a M4 site I might get more responses. When my post got shut down I came back here. Yes. I did. I know all the RRA lovers on this site and couldnt believe the bashing I had recieved with no real answer. I was not going there for hunting tips. I was not going there for a hunting rifle. Which by the way RRA doesnt just make hunting rifles. I was going there for a question regarding an AR. I started to see a pattern. If it was not Colt, DD, Noveske, LWRC, POF, BCM, BRO, mil-spec and 1500 or over then it was considered junk. Sounds like real logic. Oh also I forgot about how all these members were at war. My bad I forgot how the military lets you use your own weapon. Oh wait they dont. They issue you one. The one they issue you, you cant even buy as a civilian unless you have a class 3 FFL. So your argument of owning mil because your life depends on it is kind of out of the window. Unless I missed where your civilian Mil-spec rifle inside your house had thousands of rounds going through it while sand and dust were swirling all around you. You know because you need to depend on that mil-spec AR that you are not going to war with and it sets in your home unless you take it to the range. Unless the revolution started and I missed it. Oh well I will have my RRA.

I guess what really gets me is how you can say my rifle is junk? I was not on that site to bash anybodys stuff. I wasnt trying to do that. I am not trying to do that on here. It pissed me off when you set there and say my stuff is junk and when I try to respond I got shut off. So yea I came back home to PM. Maybe someone on here could explain this logic to me. Who would have thought that my OP that had nothing to do with RRA would have lead to all this.

I don't think you know enough to realize what you don't know but okay, if you enjoy your RRA good enough.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorLet me know when you find a Colt that will print smaller groups than a RRA. P.S. I wont hold my breath.

That may be an important quality if you are sitting at a bench shooting holes in paper all day long. If we can say the extreme reliability of an AR that meets the Mil Spec TDP is of questionable value in a hunting rifle we can certainly state that whether an AR shoots .5 moa or 1.5 moa doesn't really matter either since you won't be shooting for groups in the field and certainly won't be shooting under moa from a field position.

Originally Posted By: C.JayThis is a very good post.

thumbup1.gif

I use the same rifle for both so for me they are one and the same. I build my own rifles and try to use the highest quality parts I can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back