Yotes in Ohio

Odin6

Does anyone know of any prime spots for yote in Ohio? I'm kind of new to hunting and I've been rearing to go for awhile now so any input would be nice. I'm sighting the .270 in for 100 yards this week and would like to be in a field by Saturday morning.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyCome on guys! He needs the coordinates to your honey holes and he needs them quick!

Chupa

Chupa, Id have to agree with you on this one. Perhaps if the OP wouldn't have admitted to being to lazy to look up the info on his 270 in the other post it would be a different story.

Im wondering, if he is too lazy to research his hunt...will he be too lazy to retrieve and drag his fur back to the truck???
crazy.gif
unsure.gif
confused.gif

I wasn't asking for honey holes. I'm not really sure what the attitude is for. If you're this angry I'm guessing you don't do too well in the woods. I'm new to hunting so I wanted a little input. I'm guessing there are people on here that don't live in Ohio and know of a descent place. Laziness hasn't a [beeep] thing to do with it. I bet you feel like the cool kid in school and maybe that would be true if it wasn't for the fact you're being an [beeep] on a web site to someone who probably lives hundreds of miles away. Not nice at all.

Originally Posted By: Odin6 I'm sure this question has been asked but I don't feel like going through to look for it.

***that's lazy***

I don't feel like giving pointers out today....try back tomorrow.
tt2.gif

I didn't have any attitude until someone else did and I wasn't getting any help which is fine because ill figure it out but it would have been nice and I thought it would be easier to start a new topic instead of looking for one that might not exist. This is a pointless argument I asked for help and instead got a sarcastic dick who took what I asked the wrong way. Lazy people don't hunt.

You might want to try to find a guide (trade services or pay) to show you some coyote hunting pointers. Most people will not just take you to or tell you where to hunt without you having a pretty good relationship or something to offer in return. Most of us have learned how to hunt coyotes by a lot of trial and error and countless hours in the field pulling blank stands. Scouting is critical and having lots of places to hunt will help.

Originally Posted By: Odin6Does anyone know of any prime spots for yote in Ohio? I'm kind of new to hunting and I've been rearing to go for awhile now so any input would be nice. I'm sighting the .270 in for 100 yards this week and would like to be in a field by Saturday morning.

Where at in ohio are you located?

Originally Posted By: Odin6Caesar creek area.

That's a great place for coyote hunting. Find some public land, check it for sign, do some calling in/near areas with a lot of sign, shoot coyotes when they come into your stand. Don't forget to post pics.

My stand was stolen with the rest of my guns so ill be on the ground. Thanks for the advice buddy. Ill have pictures up ASAP.

Odin6 Most times we use ground blinds/stands. Not tree stands, that way you make less noise and can move around faster. I hunt in the west, and only call from one spot for 30 minutes at the most. Unless I see a coyote out there wondering around. Then I move a quarter mile and set up again. But if your hunting in heavy cover move less distance between stands.

Your about 30 min from me and I had the same problem as you. Best advice I can give you is ask local FARMERS! Most of them around here hate yotes. There is also good public land out there. I killed one in December off a farm outside of Hillsboro this past December. Keep at it they are moving a lot around here lately.

Originally Posted By: Odin6Clarksville it's south west. Caesar creek area. Ceasars Creek would be a great place to start! I've always had pretty good luck on State ground. I see yotes all the time when I'm driving 71 to Cincy.

Well my old boss has a lot of farm land so ill ask him for permission first but we didn't exactly have nice things to say the last time we talked so not sure how well that will work and if not i know a few other farmers to ask and some public land I went turkey hunting on a while back. I'm going to see what my options are as far as trading the .270 in for something a little more fur friendly.

SW Ohio has lots of coyotes. I've seen em from Norwood to Blanchester to Washington CH. Now calling them in and killing them is a whole different story. As stated start knocking on doors for permission. Get a plat map to see who owns the property. Good Luck. Please look past some of the attitude s ...... others from far away don't realize how difficult it can be to find a place to hunt here in Ohio. There are lots of good peeps here and good info too. Read up on everything you can on here about playing the wind. Good Luck!

Back