I lost Honor my 11 year old German Shorthaired Pointer Wednesday

Thank you all I still think of Honor a lot. Kaiser and I have been doing some hunting and he really is coming along nicely. Last Saturday I hunted him on 140 planted Chukar. THere were actually 200 but 60 got planted and a guy took his 3 shorthairs and another person had a Lab. When they cam back we planted 60 more and it was just Kaiser and Ruby a Viszla. Oh my Kaiser pointed so many birds and held point beautifully. It was just like last year on the same hunt with Honor, Kaiser and Ruby but last year we planted 110 Pheasant.

Anyway after the 60 birds we took a little rest then planted the last 80 Chukar and Kaiser was still ready. I did not even take my shotgun just let other people shoot. Kaiser pointed and pointed and pointed. He would point and someone would shoot and as he went to retrieve would go on point again before he got to the downed bird. Pics should be coming soon as the same lady who took pics last year should be e-mailing the new ones to me.

My deepest condolences brother.

We lost our 12 yo lab last year, and have a 14yo Brittany that is deaf and looking really bad.

Again, very sorry to hear of your loss.
Shayne

Sorry for the loss of your hunting companion. I just had to put my 11 year old lab down (cancer). The stuff is horrible and it is truly the hardest thing I have had to do so far.

Back