Leupold VX-R Patrol vs Mark AR mod 1 (3-9)

bulldogto

Has anyone had any experience with both of these scopes? I really like the Firedot reticle and am looking at these two. Is the VX-R patrol worth the extra money?

Thanks

I contemplated the same thing. I ended up settling on the Mark AR and have no regrets. Mine is on an .223 AR and I shoot it out to 600 yds. For what I do with the gun, I couldn't justify the extra coin.

So you wish you would have gotten the 4-12 for the 600 yard shooting? I am currently torn on which to get 3-9 or 4-12 Leupold ar mod 1

I have both 3x9 and 4x12 both fire dot leupold. I run the 3x9 on my dpms ar15 and the 4x12 on my 223 bolt gun I was going to get the mark ar but it was out of stock at the time now I am glad it was

I have the VXR 3-9 and it is in a different league from the MAR. The turret clicks are more solid and audible. The glass is definitely better. And it holds zero after adjustment very well.

With the TMR you get 20mils of adjustment, and I can shoot to 800 withy my AR and only a few clicks.

It is your money however, so get what you want.

I have the Mark AR in 3x9 and have shot out to 700 yards. At that point 55grain v-maxs would just poke holes in water jugs and would not knock them over even after the water drained out. My point being the 223 runs out of steam by then but the scope will do the job. If you are doing much shooting past 300 yards then I would recomend you go on up to at least 12 power.

My Mark AR is precise and works as advertised.

Back