My Brothers Keeper

azmastablasta

Isn’t it kinda racist to hire someone solely based on the color of their skin?

Obama Launches Effort To Help Minority Men In Employment
AP
Posted: 02/11/2014 7:50 am EST Updated: 02/11/2014 7:59 am EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is obtaining commitments from foundations, businesses and community groups to help young minority men improve their employment opportunities and to intervene before some of them get sucked into the criminal justice system.

Obama is launching the "My Brother's Keeper" initiative Thursday, matching his State of the Union pledge to "help more young men of color ... stay on track and reach their full potential."

The president has invited business, foundation and community leaders to the White House Thursday to announce the effort.

The unemployment rate last month for African-American men over the age of 20 was 12 percent, compared with 5.4 percent for white men. Hispanic men over the age of 20 faced an unemployment rate of 8.2 percent.

Obama will also order his administration to examine programs that work and to discard those that do not help improve the lives of minority men. The White House pointed to bipartisan initiatives already underway to change criminal justice practices and guidelines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/11...kushpmg00000016

Obama is launching the "My Brother's Keeper" initiative Thursday, matching his State of the Union pledge to "help more young men of color ... stay on track and reach their full potential.

I guess this means they will sell twice as much crack as before.
BTW, isn't white a color?

Uhmmmm.... day gots to wanna job, fo you can hires dem!

1.) They're too busy making welfare babies to look for work.
2.) Most don't have a diploma.
3.) Most jobs would require them to pull their pants up.
4.) Most have a criminal record.
5.) THEY had made choices that make themselves unemployable.

If we're going to launch an initiative, maybe we need to start in the ghetto with the problem itself, rather than try to persuade businesses that neither need, nor want non-productive employees who don't want a job, and are subject to steal from their employer.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Uhmmmm.... day gots to wanna job, fo you can hires dem!

1.) They're too busy making welfare babies to look for work.
2.) Most don't have a diploma.
3.) Most jobs would require them to pull their pants up.
4.) Most have a criminal record.
5.) THEY had made choices that make themselves unemployable.

If we're going to launch an initiative, maybe we need to start in the ghetto with the problem itself, rather than try to persuade businesses that neither need, nor want non-productive employees who don't want a job, and are subject to steal from their employer.

That's a racist statement, if I ever read one!! However, I agree with it 100%. The thing is, life is about the choices we make, and what the consequences of those choices are. The cold hard fact of the matter is that most young blacks have been taught that it's cool to be a gangsta type, and that they are owed something by the evil white man. They have few leaders who will tell them the truth, and most of those leaders are shunned by the black community as being "Uncle Toms". Instead of "bring people together" as it was claimed that Obama was going to do, he has purposely driven a wedge between the races, and between the social classes. This is straight out of the Communist handbook. It is designed to promote his agenda, and to insure that his party stays in power. I think that the only thing that can save this country will be a good old fashioned revolution.

Maybe! But it would be very easy to prove. Simply drive through the ghetto and offer everyone one of them you see a job paying $8 an hour digging ditches, and tell him he'll have to pull up his pants. Odds are you could drive around for days before you find even a short bus load of them that accept that offer. They don't want to work, they simply want a check.

Quote:The unemployment rate last month for African-American men over the age of 20 was 12 percent, compared with 5.4 percent for white men. Hispanic men over the age of 20 faced an unemployment rate of 8.2 percent.....That tells me that White guys are more interested in making money honestly, than preferring to hang around the 'Hood with their Homies'...

A teenager on a street corner can make $25 per pop for a packet of Crack and gets to keep $5 per transaction...He will do this on a busy day about five times per hour and not have to pay taxes on his income...If he gets pulled in, he's a juvenile and it back on the street, no bond, no lawyer, only a small break in his business routine...Why would he be interested in working for $8 per hour?? If the Criminal Justice System, overworked as it is, should happen to get serious about dealing with him, his 'handler' drug distributor is ready to pay for his attorney and any other expenses involved and he's then back on the corner working off what he owes for a few hours...

In all fairness, it's not just the black kids that don't want to work. I see a very large number of "white trash" that are covered up with the "jail house" form of tattoes, have their teeth falling out because of meth use, and who will refuse to work a regular job. Thanks to the democrats and their efforts to build up a reliable voter base, we have a group of people in this country who feel as if the government owes them a living....without them having to do a thing to earn it.

kymailman98,,,While I understand your feelings,,,Quote:I think that the only thing that can save this country will be a good old fashioned revolution.....I believe you haven't really thought that statement through....If you are talking about the type of revolution with which this country was founded, we, as an American People are poorly equipped in both material and emotional resources to undertake such a challenge...

Anything less is best carried out through the ballot box with widespread support of the general population...Or, with the current events that have been recently initiated..

With the advent of the Affordable Care Act and similar actions to what Sen. Rand Paul has initiated in a personal law suit against Barak Obama over the NSA spying program on the American population in violation of our 4th Amendment Rights, I think the ground swell for retribution and correction may be forming...That is also a form of Revolution, just without violence..

While I'm not sure I could ever become a 100% supporter of the Libertarian Party, with the evolution of the Democratic and Republican parties over the last several decades, I'm beginning to start believing that they, along with the TEA Party, may be our only hope in restoring some semblance of the America in which I was raised, but that will be a long haul for all of us....

Originally Posted By: kymailman98In all fairness, it's not just the black kids that don't want to work. I see a very large number of "white trash" that are covered up with the "jail house" form of tattoes, have their teeth falling out because of meth use, and who will refuse to work a regular job. Thanks to the democrats and their efforts to build up a reliable voter base, we have a group of people in this country who feel as if the government owes them a living....without them having to do a thing to earn it.

I'm not denying that even a little bit. But according to the statisics, the problem is considerably more pronounced amongst young black men, than among young white men. And, the white house making believe that it is a problem with employers not hiring those young black men, and suggesting that we need an initiative to make them hirable is bullsh1t.

Again the race baiting POS is trying to lay blame on others for problems that lie solely on the shoulders of the black community and government. Starvation is a motivating factor, take their food stamps away and they will either go to jail, or find a job. Freezing your a$$ off is a motivating factor, take away public housing, they will either go to jail, or find a job. If they're freezing, starving, in jail, or working, they won't have as much time or desire to make welfare babies. If they're freezing, starving, in jail, or working their drug use will be slowed at least a little. Slow their drug use, and the crack stand on the corner doesn't make as much profit and the kids think twice about selling it.

If however you pay their way, they don't have a damm thing to do all day, and they get into trouble out of sheer boredom... Idle hands are the Devil's playground. It's human nature, been that way since the beginning of time. Democrats are just too dammed dumb to understand it.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Democrats are just too dammed dumb to understand it.

Oh, I think they understand it very well. They are getting exactly what they want here, make no mistake.

You guys are all right.(My opinion)That's why this is such a hard problem to solve. I fear it is going to take something really devastating to put things in better balance. It don't have to be war. It could be a plague, asteroid, or something even more profound. OR, it could just be the flue.

How can the prez make a racist statement like that and not get hammered for it?

Our system is different from yours of course, so I see things a little differently.

Is there nothing can be done to get rid of this guy and his crew?

Originally Posted By: tnshootistYes the system is in place. We just don't have anyone with enough hair on his butt to start it.

I wonder what the first Judicial finding will be on Rand Pauls class action lawsuit on the NSA snooping will be?

Redfrog,,,Quote:How can the prez make a racist statement like that and not get hammered for it?...Any other administration making that kind of statement, other than maybe Jimmy Carter (only because most considered him from another reality), would have been hammered by the media, even Clinton, but especially a Republican/Conservative...

I'm not sure why, and probably never will be, our overall media have been giving Obama such a 'Free Pass' for so long...It seems that some of them are just now starting to rethink him, as well as some of the Democratic politicians...

Unfortunately, some of our so called Republicans are prone to crawling in bed with him as well...If we didn't have some elections coming up later this year, I would hate to think about the attitude some of them would be adopting...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtlekymailman98,,,While I understand your feelings,,,Quote:I think that the only thing that can save this country will be a good old fashioned revolution.....I believe you haven't really thought that statement through....If you are talking about the type of revolution with which this country was founded, we, as an American People are poorly equipped in both material and emotional resources to undertake such a challenge...

I have thought about it....a lot. Think about it, this country is fast becoming so polarized that I don't think there is any chance it can be undone. One of these days, sooner or later, and I'm betting sooner, it will come down to the haves and the have nots. I live on a farm, I have the know how to grow my own food, and I have enough supplies on hand to defend myself for quite some time.....and more importantly, the desire to do so. There are people who have never planned for such a time, and will be looking to take something away from those who have something they need. It will be war, and you had better be prepared. I honestly don't see any alternative. It may be years before my prediction comes true, and I hope it never does. I hope that most Americans wake up and realize that something must be done, and then they do it. But, I'm not counting on that happening. I am instead preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best. Truth be known, a good revolution that ridded this country of some of it's useless people might not be a bad thing after all.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1I'm not denying that even a little bit. But according to the statisics, the problem is considerably more pronounced amongst young black men, than among young white men. And, the white house making believe that it is a problem with employers not hiring those young black men, and suggesting that we need an initiative to make them hirable is bullsh1t.

I am in agreement with you on that 100%. Here where I live, we have a large black population, as well as a large population of welfare class whites. I see about as many lazy whites as I do blacks, so that's why I posted what I did. Per captia, it is a larger problem among blacks, as opposed to whites. Most of the young blacks I see, and I see them every day, are far more interested in being a gangster type drug lord, than in being a hardworking trouble-free citizen. For Obama to suggest what he did is ludicrous and as far as I'm concerned, racist. And, I am not in the least bit surprised.

We have our share of deadbeat whites down here in Florida too. There's several of them out here in the neighborhood drawing a disability check that have no problems whatsoever climbing up and down the ladder to their deer stand. They have no problem bouncing around on their tractor planting feedplots. They have no problem loading and unloading their boat at the river, several days a week. They have no problem carrying a case of beer out of the store and putting it in the cooler. Or, carrying a bag of corn out and throwing it in the truck. Or, catching hounds and throwing them in their dog box. They have no problem driving 1500 miles to fish a tournament, they have no problem driving 6 - 7 hundred miles to hunt in 2 or 3 other states. They have no problem hopping on their Harley and riding 3 - 4 hundred miles in a day. But the worthless SOBs just can't hold up at work.

We also have one of the aforementioned problems as well. 24 year old black male. Has had children with 4 or 5 young women out here in the neighborhood, both black and white. Several sets of twins in that, we know of 10 children he's fathered. Probably would have added another white girl to that list but the two of them were stoned out of their minds, out playing on his 4 wheeler a few years back, and he lost control of it, killing her. Injured his back and was supposed to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, so he beat the manslaughter charges. He's walking good as any else in the neighborhood now, miraculous recovery! (Back injury hasn't seemed to slow his sex life down any either, as most of the children are since the accident!!) But, he now draws a disability check, deals drugs, didn't do any time, is riding around in a shiny white Hummer with the wheelchair on his license plate, while 10 children he has fathered are supported by welfare.

I got a problem with all them, but the rest of the deadbeats at least paid to raise their own children before deciding to take an early retirement at the taxpayers' expense.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1We have our share of deadbeat whites down here in Florida too. There's several of them out here in the neighborhood drawing a disability check that have no problems whatsoever climbing up and down the ladder to their deer stand. They have no problem bouncing around on their tractor planting feedplots. They have no problem loading and unloading their boat at the river, several days a week. They have no problem carrying a case of beer out of the store and putting it in the cooler. Or, carrying a bag of corn out and throwing it in the truck. Or, catching houds and throwing them in their dog box. They have no problem driving 1500 miles to fish a tournament, they have no problem driving 6 - 7 hundred miles to hunt in 2 or 3 other states. They have no problem hopping on their Harley and riding 3 - 4 hundred miles in a day. But the worthless SOBs just can't hold up at work.

We also have one of the aforementioned problems as well. 24 year old black male. Has had children with 4 or 5 young women out here in the neighborhood, both black and white. Several sets of twins in that, we know of 10 children he's fathered. Probably would have added another white girl to that list but the two of them were stoned out of their minds, out playing on his 4 wheeler a few years back, and he lost control of it, killing her. Injured his back and was supposed to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, so he beat the manslaughter charges. He's walking good as any else in the neighborhood now, miraculous recovery! (Back injury hasn't seemed to slow his sex life down any either, as most of the children are since the accident!!) But, he now draws a disability check, deals drugs, didn't do any time, is riding around in a shiny white Hummer with the wheelchair on his license plate, while 10 children he has fathered are supported by welfare.

I got a problem with all them, but the rest of the deadbeats at least paid to raise their own children before deciding to take an early retirement at the taxpayers' expense.

That could be about a bunch of people here where I am. I'm with you, nothing pees me off anymore than seeing people who are supposedly disabled, and are able to do anything that anyone else could do. I have no problem with someone who is truly disabled and cannot work getting help.....but if that person is able to hunt, fish, play and do things that some that is not disabled can do, then they are able to work and should not draw disability benefits. I have heard that is a "badge of honor" among many young black males to see how many kids they can father. Supposedly, if it as a white girl they knock up, they get more points for that. If I were king, a person would be neutered after having one illegitimate child....no excuses allowed.

Back