Vortex crossfire or diamondback

NeverNoLuck

For those of you with experience with Vortex scopes would you rather have the 4-12X40Ao crossfire II or the diamondback 4-12X40 and lose the AO. Gun will be to coyote hunt plus target shoot

you can get the diamondback in AO. I have one in BDC ret and Im quite happy with it. Actually, Ive been thinking about getting one of the new diamondback HP 4-16x with side focus.

I had a crossfire. Diamondback is alot better scope for the extra money. If thats all you can spend then go for. A buddy has the 6-18 crossfire 2 and hes happy with it.

I personally wont buy a scope without AO or SF.

Last edited:
I bought a 6-18 crossfire II and it would not track or adjust properly at the range. My buddy then tried it on his 17 hmr. Same thing. The scope went back to the store and the money back in my pocket. I do hsve a diamondback 4-12 that I like fine and hasn't given me any trouble.

If you plan on target shooting get a scope with AO or SF . I have a Diamondback 4x12 non AO on a 223 hunting rig and I like it a lot . Its bright and clear and easy to get a quick sight picture on game . Its a nice hunting scope but not very well suited for target work .I shoot a lot of paper during the summer and all my target scopes are AO or higher fixed power scopes .

I've got a 3x9x40 V plex Crossfire 2 and love it. My rifle was leaning against a tree and fell. Moments later I shot a 4x4 Whitetail at 130 yds DRT

Last edited:
I have the same scope loogin28 and and i am pretty impressed so far. I have the Diamond back as well and will have more of them in the future.

I finally bought a Crossfire 4x14x40 instead of the Diamondback late last summer because of the longer eye relief of the Crossfire. I did not want AO. I had reservations about the Crossfire but it has been great. Clear and sharp and tracks right. It has also proved to be tough. For the first time in my life I managed to knock a rifle off the bench. Of course it landed on the scope. After some creative language I picked it up and used some more language as I examined the scratches and one ding. Sat down and shot another group and it was still on target. Checked it for tracking and it was OK in that department also.

Back