My experience with the Sniper Hog LIght

Xw00dsrac3rX

Hey guys I just got the "predator package" with the 66lr and the 50lr lights from Robert at Sniper Hog lights and wanted to give a little review.

First, ordering was extremely easy and in my opinion, a great value for what you are getting. The light is very good quality and operating it was very smooth.

It mounted to my gun easily with my already installed picatinny scope mount. The one that comes with it (with plastic adapter) is a pain to install because of the plastic insert. Some may not think its a problem, and once its on, its on. I just like the one I have that doesnt have the insert, but rather made for the 1" scope tube exclusively.

The windage and elevation mount is probably the best Ive seen. I couldnt be happier with that. My buddies without one, are jealous and probably going to try and order one for their own lights.

The lights are rediculously bright and work exactly like everyone on here already said...AWESOME! I wont go on about the performance because thats been covered alot already.

I did have one problem...the battery charger. The one that came with it was faulty and continually blinking and turning off when you lightly tapped the charger. I contacted Robert and he sent me a new charger immediately and free of charge including shipping. I got the new charger on Saturday and it worked great to charge up my lights for that nights hunt.

I went to charge the batteries again tonight and the charger is exhibiting the same symptoms of the last one. I am frustrated again with the charger and dont have the time to play games with it. I am now looking to get a good name brand charger and hopefully I wont have any more headaches.

All in all, the lights are the best bang for your buck as far as Im concerned. The only thing missing is a dimmer, which I was told they are actually working on. I am very happy with the purchase but the battery charger leaves something to be desired. I would rather have paid a little more for a good charger up front and save the time.

Heres some pictures of the mounted light with my setup.

Nice job with the upclose foto of the light mount. I searched the net yesterday trying to see what the Sniper Hog light mounts looked like on a rifle but struck out. Think I'll get the LR50 with 2 way switch come payday. I've raced electric bicycles and chargers, whether for hobby, lawn mowers, or hunting lights are the weak link.

What impressed me about the SniperHog site was there was some actual info provided, not just worthless marketing claims. They use the ANSI/NEMA FL-1 system to provide a basis of lighting distances (click 'lighting distances' tab in their site). They come across as honest stating that the distances represent 'under perfect conditions only' and even then, one couldn't see the animal form, just the eyes reflecting. I try to buy from sites that provide needed info. Ain't that hard to provide the basic info for decision making about a purchase.

A few years back the rule for lighting visiability was 1/2 that of seeing eye reflection. Ex: an LR50 may catch the eyes at 344yd under perfect conditions with clear sighting of the body around 172yds.

Last edited:
I dont notice a click but Ive got thee gun mounted switch on mine.

Sorry to hear youve had charger issues. Mine has worked flawlessly. Maybe a bad batch moving thru.

Yes, the regular switch on the back of the light does make an audible click. Hopefully that will be eliminated when the variable intensity control comes out.

yes mine click. both the tailcap switch, and the gun mounted switch will do it. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the dimmer release as Im sure almost everyone is.

Yeah I cant fault Sniper Hog for the charger issue totally. I just ordered a nitecore i4 charger from amazon and will see if that solves my issues.

Could be a bad battery also if giving you the exact same results. It is a $3 Chinese charger and I'm sure the batteries are as well. I do really like my 50lr though.

Back