Browning short trac trigger ?

Matt/Howa 22-250

Hey guys, my sister was given a browning short trac 7mm-08 rifle as a gift. The trigger was a little heavy so we took it to one of the local gunsmiths & he worked on it. He said he's got it as low as he can & if he tries to take it any lower he might mess the whole trigger up & we would have to buy a new one. It's down to about 5 or 6lbs but it's a long trigger pull. I can't find anyone who makes a replacement trigger that's adjustable for this rifle. Would any of you have an idea on what I should do from here or are we just stuck with a $1400 rifle with a crappy trigger job ? Any help would be appreciated.

I tried timney & jewel but neither one of them carried it & they didn't know who might carry it. I'm gonna keep looking but it doesn't look very promising right now

Timney use to take them in house for a trigger job. All you had to do was punch the pins and send the trigger unit in and they would work it over and return it. From memory it was $75.00 and return postage. Guess they quit that service.

I sent one to bill at trigger work.net. Made some drastic improvements, but the nature of the gun won't allow for to light of a trigger, or so I have been told.

I will contact bill & see if he can help. Thank you to all who offer info & advice whenever I have questions about something. It's very nice to have so much knowledge available for free.

Back