RRA suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmil84

Yea right!! So I am a memeber of another form called M4carbine.net. Well I started a post on here called brand question. I was just trying to find out about the Core 15 and the R-guns. Well I did the same question on M4carbine.net I got the feeling these guys were your typical Colt or nothing type of guys. Boy was right. I asked them what their opinion of RRA was. Well This is one of the responses I got.

RRA in a nutshell.

1. Chrome moly barrels= cheap

2. 1/9 twist and tight chambers= stupid. Overgassed most of the time.

3. S/A bolt carrier groups with no listed specs. Carpenter 158, etc..?

4. I believe they still use commercial lower receiver extensions and carbine buffers.

So nothing about them is appealing in any way and they are generally overpriced. Run one of them in a good carbine class once or twice and then you will see how well it holds up. From what I have seen they are mediocre at best.

They seem to have their head up their own [beeep] to far.

Last edited:
Arfcomers are the same way. OH might Over priced Colt or nothing, well maybe Larue, neveskie and a few others. They hate DPMS with a passion. DPMS arent bad guns, quality control has gotten them a bad rap in the past. RRA makes a pretty good gun. If thier barrels are so cheap why do they shoot so good?

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223 RRA makes a pretty good gun. If their barrels are so cheap why do they shoot so good?

That was going to be my response as well.
thumbup1.gif

For anyone on here not happy with their RRA guns, I will gladly take them off your hands for no charge whatsoever. Consider it a favor.

What do those guys want? A gun to shoot for enjoyment (whatever that means to YOU) or are they going to war? (more like PRETEND war). I have a Bushmaster and 2 DPMS. Love 'em all. I can't understand why people want everyone to buy the same as them. Also some of these guys should include their credentials as "experts". Sounds more like "Groupies" to me. Personally, I'm a DPMS man all the way.... mostly because they are made in Minnesota! (just like me!) How's that for some solid "LOGIC"? LOL! Guess I'm just another opinionated "homer".

P.S. The manufacturer I work for we make several parts for several AR makers (can't say who), so they all have things in common. Keep on huntin'

A guy at work has the same mind set. He thinks his rifle is the best brand made. So great I can't even remember what kind it is. He's buys a case of cheap bulk ammo and does his best to shoot it all in one afternoon. Says he will only shoot the best!!! But shoots junk ammo. GO FIGURE!!

Anyone that does not want their RRA can send it to me. I have been shooting mine for aobut 5 years now. It shoots and functions great.

Love my RRA. My sons DPMS and his no name both shoot really well. My buddy at work has an R15 and it's a shooter. I think they're all pretty good guns. Shoot what you like and have fun. Glad we all have choices.

Wow, I must have got screwed, cause my RRA PP will shoot dime size groups all day long. To think, I could have saved a bunch of money and bought some Colt that is way over priced.

In reality, other than the barrels of which everyone has their own opinion, the bolts and the bolt carriers operate in the most demanding conditions. Yes, triggers need to be crisp and the lowers need to be machined to correct tolerances but it's the uppers and especially the bolts and bolt carriers that get the worst of the hot gases, slamming and rebounding back and forth. If you have concerns about the durability and quality of your bolt and bolt carrier simply buy "better" ones.

It's apparent that RRA does not sell rifles to the US Government but that does not mean they are junk. RRA has been around a long time selling to the public and they might have had a few bad guns go out the door on occasions (what company doesn't) but all in all I don't see where RRA has anything to be ashamed of. People continue to buy them when there are so many other choices. Just my opinion. kwg

Just because they don't have a big government contract does not mean that they should be over looked. They are very accurate but they are not battle rifles. If I have to go to battle with a band of yotes that I am for fear of my life I would not be afraid to use one of them. And if that ever happens then I'm done calling. Quality is viewed different by different people. Some say that a quality rifle needs to be all milspec and can run 1000's of round through it with out a hickup. I would rather have a good quality barrel over anything. I'm not going to battle and most of my guns get shot a hand full of times each year and will run with all but some of the custom bolt guns. The RRA will run smaller groups than just about any good factory bolt gun out there. Don't over think it. For the price you are not going to get much better when it comes to accuracy out of the box.

The issue with the people on those types of forums are that they think that everything has to be "mil-spec" or it's pure garbage. The term "mil-spec" is as meaningless as the people who promote it with their rifles. Just because you have a full auto bolt carrier, hammer forged barrel chrome lined don't mean your gun is better. Those features are USELESS on a semi auto rifle that will NEVER be fired in full auto mode. It's all a marketing image and has no real meaning in the civilian market except for the 350lb 55 year old men who still live at home and get off on watching the Military channel thinking that they are the toughest paper target patriot on the planet with their "mil-spec" rifle. Those guys couldn't even do a wind sprint 25 yards before being gassed out with their "mil-spec" rifle let alone will the rifle brand make a difference in a shooting scenario if it really came down to it. At the end of the day, if the gun shoots and has the capability of putting down whatever is in your line of sight, it's all you really need.

Just because a rifle is not "mil-spec" does not mean that it's not a quality rifle. If anyone feels differently, search through ARF.com or M4Carbine and look at all of the trouble shooting threads created by these McDonald's sucking warriors with their "mil-spec" weapons breaking down frequently.

Last edited:
I had never ever thought about a RRA for coyote hunting until I started reading about them here on PM. Bought a RRA ATH and it's the best shooting of all my AR's, I'm talking dime size groups.

Don't forget that Colt and others has a long history with the US military they had to put up a rifle that had to pass the tests AND had to be within BUDGET.

What Colt sells the US military to fit the budget price and what they sell the open market prices are two different things. That's not always the best. Remember the Saturn 5 Moon rocket was made up of millions of the CHEAPEST parts they could get.

I personally like RRA and most people that i have ran a cross do as well, but you are always going to have that on any forum, they have to have the best money can buy and the rest is crap.

Nobody wants them, thats why I just got a 6 month delivery estimate on a Predator Pursuit 20" upper half with the "un-listed spec" bolt carrier group. I have another RRA CAR/Entry that is from the DEA contract group. I'm pretty happy with it's performance.

RRA does have some goverment contracts. I know for sure they had a DEA contract and I think they had an FBI one too. It dont matter anymore. I got back on there and told them I was a RRA guy and I loved my RRAs. I told them that I have owned several and put a sh@t ton of ammo through them and had no problems. I said not everything milspec is great ie. trigger, flash suppressor, pistol grip, trigger guard, etc.. I told them to check out this video on youtube by nutnfancy running the RRA Elite operator (I put the link on the form.) Just to show them how good RRA hold up. They kicked me off. They said I was speaking nonsense and that they gave me the best advise (stay away from RRA, DPMS, Bushmaster, Windham, Stag etc...) so to just leave and good luck with my RRA. I couldnt believe it. I challenged them and they just shut down the whole post. I have to say I will no longer be a member on that site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back