Looking at a howa hogue kryptek 22-250

killzone81

Wanting a short barrel 22-250 stand rifle howa has a 20" comes with a decent scope only looking for a 100-300 yard gun plus it's full camo.
650.00 not a bad price
Good buy?

I guess my biggest question is barrel length what do you guys think my shortest barrel is 24" I think the short barrel in stand conditions would be an ideal set up.

Are you planning on wearing ear plugs with the 20" barreled 22-250? It may get real loud.

I was actually planning on cutting my CZ 204Ruger barrel down to 20" and loading it a little lighter, for a close range coyote calling rifle. I used to have a 20-222, and really liked it. But I am reading the 204 Ruger bounces off.
laugh.gif
So I dunno, maybe back to the 22-250AI for me.

BTW, I personally put little to no value added by having a factory camo job.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder about this. If I am on a stand where I can't swing a 22-24" barreled rifle, maybe I ought to just bring the shotgun, but the dern shotgun has a 24-26" barrel on it. Now what?

I am replacing my .204 with a 22-250 as a coyote rifle I get way to many spinners with the .204 at 300yrd. Factory camo I like just for the fact I pull it out of the box ready to shoot. Test a few loads make sure the scope is true and I should be hunting in the morning.

Last edited:
Back