Savage 17 WSM stocks ?

Luke Musco

Has anyone seen another option for this gun yet ? I have been looking online for awhile and would like to know if you guys ran across anything yet .

It shoots great.....now. I have spent a lot of time working on my bmag starting with the original stock. Just adding a new stock did not help the accuracy. Bedding work and damping the barrel harmonics fixed mine.
50yds, 3 shots

100 yds.

Nice! I'm waiting for my new replacement Bmag to arrive from Savage,if it's close to that I'll be happy.
How heavy is it with new stock?

Thanks guys . Overall I'm trying to decide whether to keep if or not.. The magazine doesn't let the next shell pop up so it's basically a single shot.. I've had a few misfires with it and I also shot at a fox last night and when I looked at the shell afterwords the casing was cracked. I'm not getting great patterns like my old 17hmr would get either . Would should I do ? I like te caliber for fox hunting but right now I would think savage should replace my clip so it's not a single shot and maybe try to find out what's going on with the bullets.

Return it for a replacement. Savage is trying to make it right for folks who ended up with rifles that have issues, so let them do so. Give them a call and see what they say.

Eric

Originally Posted By: Eric_MayerReturn it for a replacement. Savage is trying to make it right for folks who ended up with rifles that have issues, so let them do so. Give them a call and see what they say.

Eric

What he said.

I don't even own one of these yet and I gotta say that it's disheartening hearing all the negative instances. I know Savage will eventually make it right, but dang man. I am very interested in this chambering though, can't wait for someone to figure out the platform.

Chupa

Back in about 2008 I got a Savage heavy barreled varmint HMR and put an 8-32x Burris Signature Select (scope cost more than twice what the rifle did). I was dying to see how close the Savage could shoot next to my Anschutz 1517 MPR since there were so many people claiming as how Savage shot as good as anything out there.

Well... this rifle was a disaster, I had just about every .17 HMR cartridge and bullet made, tried them all and the very best this rifle would shoot was an inch and a half at 100yds, the bad ones were three inch groups. So I took a test target shot with the Anschutz and another with the Savage back to the Big 5 where I bought it, and the manager talked to the Savage rep. He wanted to talk to me and see the rifles and targets so we met at the store. After looking at the targets and ruling out that it was the rifle and not my shooting he asked the manager if he had another Savage heavy barrel and told him to give it to me. I had to wait ten days to get the new rifle, and it shot the loads it did best with in half inch groups with a slight 1/4 inch out flyer every five shots or so, The Anschutz did the same thing so I figured it was some sort of ammo inconsistency.

I guess my point here is that Savage will make things right if you work em. They want this cartridge to work for them which it will not do if they don't exercise really really good customer service to guys like yourself that tell other guys how happy you are with Savage.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

Originally Posted By: sperazIt shoots great.....now. I have spent a lot of time working on my bmag starting with the original stock. Just adding a new stock did not help the accuracy. Bedding work and damping the barrel harmonics fixed mine.
50yds, 3 shots

100 yds.

How or what did you do to change the barrel harmonics?

Called savage an gun is being picked up tommorow . 6-7 weeks if fixed , less if I get a new one. As soon as I get it back I'm gonna buy a Boyd's stock , new scope , and a sniper hog 66lr light . Unfortunately fox ends here in less than two weeks but I can atleast look forward to practicing all summer with it on groundhogs and at the range . Thanks for the help guys .

Originally Posted By: Luke MuscoSperaz, how much was that stock ? I looked on the Boyd's website but couldn't find it...
92.00+ shipping

Originally Posted By: Luke MuscoCalled savage an gun is being picked up tommorow . 6-7 weeks if fixed , less if I get a new one. As soon as I get it back I'm gonna buy a Boyd's stock , new scope , and a sniper hog 66lr light . Unfortunately fox ends here in less than two weeks but I can atleast look forward to practicing all summer with it on groundhogs and at the range . Thanks for the help guys .
I'm at 7 weeks now and still waiting for my new one.

Back