Fury stuttering at high volume

ultramag

My Fury has started stuttering at volumes over 30 when playing high pitched howls. It sounds like the speaker is shorting out but it only does it with howls and not distress sounds ?????

The cone speaker has done it for awhile,but I don't ever use it so it really didn't bother me. Last night it was the horn speaker.

Bummer sounds like your speakers are entering death spin mode... I see a trip to Lewisburg in its future...Is this stuttering with Foxpro howls? Or with howls you added? The good news is I hear Foxpro has really good customer service, unlike Minaska.

Last edited:
Typical low batteries symptom. Before I would send it in I would insert 8 brand new out of the package Duracell's and confirm it is, or is not, a simple battery issue.

I've had my fury for under a month and ran into the same thing. Low batteries will do exactly what you describe.

Do you happen to be using alkaline batteries? Even new alkaline batteries will do exactly what you describe after about 15 minutes of initial use because of how they discharge. Where the alkaline battery draws down slowly, lithium and nimh will have a more consistent output right up to the moment that they die.

Ever notice that a watch doesn't slow down before it stops; it just stops? That is a result of how other types of batteries discharge differently than alkaline.

Originally Posted By: AllPredatorCallsTypical low batteries symptom. Before I would send it in I would insert 8 brand new out of the package Duracell's and confirm it is, or is not, a simple battery issue.

+1

That's what mine did when alkaline batteries got low. The low battery light would flicker on the high pitches.
I switched to Nimh and it appears to have fixed the problem.

Originally Posted By: ultramagMy Fury has started stuttering at volumes over 30 when playing high pitched howls.

Mine does that too, but it only does it on the Porky Pig sound file.

Been using one model or another of FoxPro for 20 years,so yes I know low batteries will do that aswell and usually but not always the green light will flicker or come on. I use rechargeable NIMh batteries and have three charged sets at all times.

I also forgot to mention intermittently when I turn it on it displays ELL,whatever that means.When it does that I have to turn it off then back on to get it to operate....

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ultramagMy Fury has started stuttering at volumes over 30 when playing high pitched howls.

Sweet. Do you have that in mp3?

I have a brand new Hellfire and it "stutters or crackles" on most sounds when I turn it up. I called them and they said they didn't think it was a battery problem. Thought it was a corrupted file of some sort and said they can delete them and restore over the internet and should fix MY problem. I have a post in the Caller section that I will update after I call them and see if it corrects.

Originally Posted By: ultramagOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ultramagMy Fury has started stuttering at volumes over 30 when playing high pitched howls.

Sweet. Do you have that in mp3?

I don't think so, but I'll look!!
grin.gif

Back