Johnny Stewart Cassette caller

Tick

I am upgrading to a FoxPro and believe it will be a Hellfire. I bought new a Johnny Stewart Electronic Game Caller that is a cassette player in a dark green body. I am sure some of you diehards had this years ago, and comes with a detachable speaker with 25' of cord. I have a 50' extension cord and 12 tapes/24 different calls. Replaced the original battery last year. Has both wall and car charger, carrying strap and cassette organizer. It is in very good shape and the new battery lasts a long time now. Does anyone have any idea what this would be worth? I would think it would be a pretty good starter for someone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tick Does anyone have any idea what this would be worth? I would think it would be a pretty good starter for someone.

I sold a cassette caller not to long ago on here. Like you, I had just replaced the battery and it had a charger, carry bag, extra speaker wire, etc. to go along with it.

To move it, I had to sell it for less than the new battery cost me. A guy that loves to hunt crows finally bought it.

Maybe you'll have better luck, but don't count on it. Modern day predator hunters don't want to pack those callers around. For better or for worse, it's the digital age.

Good luck.

No crow calls, just coyote/bobcat stuff. I'm not positive I'm going to sell it, just a thought. It will make a good backup at camp too. Does anyone know if the speaker jack is compatible with hellfire?

Originally Posted By: Tick Does anyone know if the speaker jack is compatible with hellfire?

I know, I know. Pick me, pick me.

NO. But it's a simple wire cut and solder job OR you could buy a reducer that goes from 1/4" (your JS size) to 1/8" (your hellfire size) and use it that way.

Gold star for doggin?

I just bought a Hellfire today. Excited to get it in the field. Of the calls that come preloaded, what are your opinions on the selection of calls for coyote and bobcats? I have used mainly distress calls previously but would like to hear what's working for others. thanks

Originally Posted By: buggybuilderFor those that did replace the batteries in the Johnny Steward cassette caller, what kind of $ are you looking at?

It's Stewart, not Steward.
smile.gif

Depending on WHEN the caller was actually made, there were a couple of different sized batteries used in the callers. Most of the JS cassette callers used two 6 volt batteries which were wired to produce 12 volts.. You need to know which batteries your caller takes.

Here is one place you can get replacements.
http://www.redrockgamecalls.com/accessories/

But if you take your caller apart and see what batteries you actually need, you can get them cheaper at other places.

Good luck.

Mine was 2 batteries wired together, 6 v sounds right, replaced mine at a shop locally, had to order them and it was right around $30 shipped.

Last edited:
For Sale in very good condition:

Johnny Steward Cassette Bird and Game Caller
Carrying Strap
Speaker with 25' cord
50' Extension cord
120v Wall Charger
12v Auto Charger Instruction Manual
Johnny Stewart Tapes:
CT114D Gobbler in Distress
CT161 Coyote Locator
CT102D Baby Cottontail Distress
CT105A Distressed Rodents
CT207 Crow Reveille
CT113A Gray Fox Pup
Cassette Copies of Johnny Stewart Tapes:
Yellowhammer Woodpecker in Distress
Lone Coyote Challenge
Half Grown Snowshoe Hare
Meadowlark Distress

Replaced battery couple years ago. Only distortion it ever had was at full volume. Just turned it down a hair and all is fine.

$100 obo plus shipping

PM me if you want it. I have picture and video I can email to you if you send me your email. The site here says the file is too big to load here???

Thanks

Last edited:
Back