Shockwave anyone find it too big or not loud enough?

Tikkamike

I did a forum search for this and found opinions that basically added up to "cant go wrong with either" I live in wyoming. we have lots of wide open spaces. My FX5 just doesnt seem loud enough some times and lacks the features that I want. The things that matter to me are Fox Bang, speed and carryability. I have done a lot of research on both and both have a lot of pros. for me the Shockwave has the fact that it is multi directional and has more features Also can be run without the remote. also it isnt overly big
the CS24C is smaller and louder and still has the tx1000 remote. The size is a pretty big deal to me but not a deal breaker on either unit. The biggest thing I am afraid of is getting the shockwave then wishing it were louder or wishing i had gone with the smaller unit

Any coyote that can't hear the Shockwave has hearing problems. It is considerably louder than the FX-5 but not louder than the FX-5 and an external speaker like the SP-55 or TOA. I have called in coyotes with a FX-5 in wide open states from so far away I could barely see them coming with my natural eyes, especially quartering with the wind which is my preference. I don't see transporting the Shockwave as a problem.

I have a SW and use it with no issues in the open lands in WY/CO/NE...yea coyotes will hear it.
You can always add one of those add on speakers also.

Cs24c it's light and loud. You don't get foxfusion or foxpitch, but that's not a big deal to me. I wouldn't trade mine for another caller except a K2, but they're larger and I don't know that I would like the greater size.

Originally Posted By: BigGrizzCs24c it's light and loud. You don't get foxfusion or foxpitch, but that's not a big deal to me. I wouldn't trade mine for another caller except a K2, but they're larger and I don't know that I would like the greater size.

I have a Krak Two. Works great, but at the time the CS-24 C was not yet available. If I were a more patient person I expect I would own e a CS-24 C instead. I expect I would be just as happy on stand and happier on the way. (-:

I think I typed this same answer on another post, but to "my ears" the volume on the SW isn't as loud as my Fury from volume 30 down. The SW does seem to be louder on the top end. For example I routinely ran my Fury at volume 20 and to get what I feel is the same volume I run the SW at 30. One would think 2 speakers should be louder than 1. I wrestled with the same choice a while back. To be honest I feel a little let down by the SW from a volume range standpoint. However it is still plenty loud on most days. To be safe I purchased an extra speaker. Which I feel kind of silly doing after dropping that kind of cash on a caller. The clarity at max volume does seem to be better on the SW. I've never owned a CS so I can't compare. I hope this makes sense..

I packed my Fury w/Foxjack and a Mojo critter in a badlands monster fanny pack. The SW fits in there as well, but there isn't any extra room. It is heavier but not so heavy that I notice. Sometimes it's a little harder to find brush to support the heavier call to get it off the ground in those barren type desert locales.

Originally Posted By: littledawgI think I typed this same answer on another post, but to "my ears" the volume on the SW isn't as loud as my Fury from volume 30 down. The SW does seem to be louder on the top end. For example I routinely ran my Fury at volume 20 and to get what I feel is the same volume I run the SW at 30. One would think 2 speakers should be louder than 1. I wrestled with the same choice a while back. To be honest I feel a little let down by the SW from a volume range standpoint. However it is still plenty loud on most days. To be safe I purchased an extra speaker. Which I feel kind of silly doing after dropping that kind of cash on a caller. The clarity at max volume does seem to be better on the SW. I've never owned a CS so I can't compare. I hope this makes sense..

I packed my Fury w/Foxjack and a Mojo critter in a badlands monster fanny pack. The SW fits in there as well, but there isn't any extra room. It is heavier but not so heavy that I notice. Sometimes it's a little harder to find brush to support the heavier call to get it off the ground in those barren type desert locales.

This is my exact concern.. SW maybe not being loud enough on a bad day, the extra speaker is always an option but its more to carry and for the money should not be something you should worry about... still torn

I think the CS24C with the TX1000 remote is the best call for out west where you are (generally agreed to be louder). The Shockwave has a lot more features most of which the AVERAGE caller will rarely use. It's a techies delight. Make sure you get the Fox Pro lithium battery pack for it though.

CS24C and don't look back. I know the part of the country that you live in, and the CS is what you'll be happiest with. Trust me. Comparatively speaking, to me the SW would need to be priced like the Fury for me to have bought it. That is how highly I think of my 24C. Most say that the SW is an Eastern call and the 24C a Western call, and I tend to agree. But, I'd take mine over the other no matter the situation.

The TOA style calls have to be the best that FoxPro makes, IMO.

I have both. Maybe living in Wyoming I would lean towards the CS24C. Both are good callers that have good volume and good clarity. CS24C does have the upper hand in volume but---the Shockwave is almost as loud and has a lot more options than the CS24C. It's a really tough choice and a win-win situation for you.

Last edited:
Back