24b sound file conversion?

d2admin

Administrator
Is it possible to convert the 24b sound files to the FXP format?

I sent an email to Foxpro and haven't heart a thing. I was hoping to convert them so I could use the same files on the Wildfire 2 as I do on the CS24. I have quite a few of them that I want to convert.

There is no easy way for you to convert them yourself from .24b extensions to .fxp, you have to actually convert the sound from .24bit back to 16bit. Since you already bought the sound in .24b it will be interesting to hear if FP will give you the sound for free in the 16bit fxp version. Effectively giving 2 sounds for the price of one. Hopefuly PossumAl can chime in with FPs stance.

Well, are they the same sounds in 16 bit and 24 bit? I was under the impression the 24b was basically stereo, am I wrong on this? I have close to 400 FXP/24b sound files combines and then another 70-90 MP3, I know some of the FXP files are duplicates. Each time I ordered a new caller, I made sure to not re-order the sound files I already had, but I still have some duplicates.

Thanks, Darryle

Nope 24b arent stereo, you can get 24bit and 16bit(fxp) stereo sounds from Foxpro. The 24bit is just a codec for a "higher quality" recording. you can take a sound recorded in 16bit and using software make it a 24bit is it true 24bit no, but you see the advertising point. By the way awesome collection of Foxpro sounds!

I won't worry with it then.

I have the African, Wolf, Moose, Elk sound files and a bunch of others, and there isn't a single creature I could call in with any of them locally, except maybe at the Fort Worth Zoo.

Back