9mm coyote?

Originally Posted By: DonDTo me the obvious answer is that the 9mm has put thousands of people down, animals much larger than coyotes. The question is at what range as others have said. Don

We may be bigger than coyotes but we aren't 1/2 as tough.
9mm may work but I'm not sure why you would want to use it. Unless that's all you had.

Plenty of coyotes are killed with rimfires in special regulation areas. With the right load, and right guy behind the trigger, anything is useable.

I wouldn't set out to make a 9mm my only choice...however, I see it as a viable round that can and will kill coyotes reliably if the proper parameters are met/adhered to.

It's the same as when you killed that deer with your 221 Fireball, Gary. It wasn't your best option, but the only one you had at the moment. And it worked, quite well. Now, I'm not saying that advocates the 221 FB for deer, but proves it can be done within the correct parameters.

i used a 45 win mag chambered m1 carbine once. punched a nice 45 caliber wadcutter hole through the chest. 9mm will kill one just fine, just a little harder to hit a coyote with a slow fat bullet.

Checked out a Just Right carbine today. Pretty cool, side charger, completely ambi, nice set-up. I'm thinking one of these rifles with a Vortex StrikeFire atop...could be fun.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223That would be a fun toy. If I had the cash i would build a AR pistol cal. upper with a magwell adapter.

Considered that too, but I like the blow back design on the JR. And I like the ambi side charger. This carbine with the Vortex will be right over $800. I'm going to do a bit of research, before committing.

Yea pistol cal rifle/carbines are fun. I had the Spanias Destroyer was the 9 largo aka 9x23. Had more umph than a 9x19, closer to a 38 super. But I also had a prototype carbine made for Bushy, sn#83 made by Tom Tottman. Had a 16" ar front end, ar lower, mac upper. I always wanted/want another pistol cal Ar.

Whos making full ar pistol carbines now besides OLY? Never heard of the "just right",,, ok looked it up. Same price range as the aero. Cool, both in 45acp too:)

There is that other new carbine made now,interchangeable bbls, ambi. TNW aero survival. http://tnwfirearms.com/ http://tnwfirearms.com/complete-guns/asr-aero-survival-rifle.html Saw a utube on it once.

Ive been wanting to take my 9mm hipoint out and try it on coyotes i get some really good groups with mine with the stock sights from a sitting position at 50 yards. I haven't tried it any farther yet. I really want a double diamond or lone wolf G9 lower so i can use all my glock mags. I don't see why it wouldn't work pick a good bullet and put it in the right place.

The JRC uses glock mags. Olympic,RRA,cmmg,model 1,Ron Williams, and there's another I can't think of all make pistol cal uppers. I want the Olympic 10mm with their mags. Those new mags are pretty cool, no mag block needed

Oly and others were sten mags for 9 weren't they? I didn't really mind the mag block, forget which I had it in. One carbine was block in back, one block forward.

No mag block would be great though and 10mm in a carbine would be nice for sure. I haven't looked at that Oly model yet, I will.

Ya Olympic does use a mag block but they also have a their own mag that doesn't require a mag block. It's the size of a 30 round ar mag

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223I dont know about the sten mags but I have a few uzi mags laying around. Hmmm A 10mm would be a nice one to have too.

Yea, one of them used sten mags. I had them and an adapter just can't remember what I shot it in. Hmmm, think it was the Bushy proto! One of the 45acp used tommy mags if I remember right.

Yes, 10mm
wub.gif

I think GG mag are too wide for a normal lower. That's why the cav arms lower was popular with a Hahn mag block for the .45

Back