best night vision for $2500 for coyote and pig hunting

We get this questions asked a bunch. For dedicated rifle scopes, it's really hard to beat the M845 in Gen 3 for the $2550.00. If you're really budget strapped, get the Gen 2 SHP for $1899.00 and the Torch Pro will is also a great combo for well under $2500.00.

The Gen 2SHP will not have the overall brightness (where the Torch Pro comes in) nor resolution (but closer than any other standard import Gen 2). Gen 2SHP 49-52 Line Pair (LP) vs. 64 typical for the Gen 3.

Overall, the M845 line of scopes are truly the best bang for the buck with a body housing made from machined aluminum, built like a tank in that regard. I love mine, and I have both the 1.8x G2SHP along with the G3, 2.8x. Great FOV as well, a very fast scope for moving targets as well.

The disadvantage to dedicated scopes like this (nothing perfect in the NV world) is you have to point you shootin' stick at everything you want to see in the dark.

http://tnvc.com/shop/m845-mk-4-2-8x-gen3-shp-red-dot-sight/

http://tnvc.com/shop/m845-mk-4-2-5x-gen2-shp-red-dot-sight/
Vic

Originally Posted By: DarknightAlan D- my understanding is some guys will attach a NV monocular behind a dayscope. Not sure how this works with eye relief. See HTRN for more info on their setup.
There are NV clip-on devices that sit in front of a dayscope too See TNVC for that setup. I'm still learning a lot about this stuff but drool whenever Vic or Skypup post something.

All of our Signature Series Scopes come with a removable recoil pad that adds two inches to your butt stock. For me and most other folks this adds back plenty of eye relief and will allow you to shoot very comfortably. If not you can also slide your dayscope up an inch and still be able to shoot comfortably in the daytime with it. The monocular itself (either MX-160 or PVS-14) adds about 4 inches to the back of your scope. Using the supplied recoil pad and sliding your scope forward an inch will gain you back 3/4 of what you lost. Kevin

Originally Posted By: twhiteyNepvs-14 and a dbal i2 let em rip from the hip.long as it's legal in your state Bout time some1 jumps on my wagon
thumbup.gif

I'll tack on if it's ok. I'm in the same boat and have to choose one or the other to start out with as I'm also on a very tight budget. I've considered purchasing the PS-24 or PS-32 and have located some reconditioned units on the FLIR site for $1699 (24) and $2549 (32). I am a bit wary with reconditioned. I have seen where some guys have used the FLIR for detection and then used a gun-mounted LED for the shot. I feel if I'm trying to scan with a gun-mounted NV scope, my movement would be easily detected by anything I'm attempting to call in close and with some experience on a friend's rig with NV scope, after about 5 minutes looking through the eyepiece, I was ready for a break. I hate to nickel and dime things, but that's the way it is right now. I've looked at HTRN with the monocular mounted behind a dayscope, but don't know if this is an ideal setup either. After looking at what I paid last year in healthcare, I could have bought two Gen-3 scopes and a FLIR. Priorities.

Check out the Pulsar N750 Digi Sight. I have one, and absolutely love it. They retail for 1,800$ and give you a detection range of 600 yards. They are the best bang for your buck on the market. The only problem is that you spend a lot of time on your gun... I wish I had a monocle to scan the surrounding area with, but other than that the N750 Is pretty amazing!

Back