25-06 Deer bullet?

I have hunted with a 25-06 since I was a teen and 4 or 5 years ago bought a 257 weatherby also I have always used the 117gr hornady btsp or sst out of my 25-06 and it has planted its fair share of whitetails on the spot I see you are in Wisconsin id have to say the deer up there are maybe a little bigger than down here in Mississippi but I would have no doubt that the 117 hornady or a sierra would work well for you my experience with the accubonds is that they go in and come out but they are to heavily constructed for the deer down here meaning a little exit hole and hard to follow blood trail in the event they run after being hit. my recent experience with Barnes TSX in my weatherby though has got me wanting to switch to them in my 25-06 as well they are devastating and penetrate like no other ! I had a 8pt sneak in on me this year and I shot him at 40 yards with my 257wby bullet penetrated and didn't blow apart now that is impressive to say the least in my book

I have almost 500 117 SST I like the way the new SST work. And I bought 500 speer 100 gr hot cor bullets they both work great on deer to hogs.

I agree with what everybody else says. . . In other words just find a bullet of at least 100 gr that is accurate and you won't have any problem dropping any whitetail between 125 and 200 lbs. I reload 100gr Hornady interlock for my brothers S&W ibolt and he's never had an issue. Deer around here can get up to 250+ lbs.

My 25-06 doesn't like the speers hotcore 100 grain bullets at all. I am still in the hunt for a good big game bullet as well. I shoot 100 matchkings and they have worked ok so far...

100 grain Speer spbt bullets shoot and drop deer very well out of my 25-06.

I've also seen my buddy drop deer with authority shooting 100 Nosler BTs for the last 10 years.

Recently I have been playing around with the 115 Nosler BT. Found a load using IMR 4831 that shoots lights out, so I Might give that a try next year.

I may have lucked out my gun T3 lite will rat hole the 100 gr hot cor backed by RL19. I called Speer to get loading data and the guy said the 100 gr is a great choice for deer. He said they would do a lot of damaged. I have shot 85 gr nosler BT on deer never lost one. After I have shot the 117 gr SST I maybe giving up on nosler BT and going to all SST. Wished they made the 22 cal 55 gr in a SST. On any deer the Barnes 80 or 90 gr should do a great job. I got a great deal on the Speer 100 gr 500 ct same lot # shipped to me for 100.00 I am very have with the deal. I bought 478 ct of the 117 gr gameking shot 2 deer didn't like way they worked I paid 120.00 shipped sold them to a work buddy.

When I had a 25-06. I shot 110 Accubonds. I have shot deer in Michigan and Ontario Both of which are descent sized animals. The biggest was 185-190 lbs. I shot about 10 deer with it and only one went further than 25 yds. Most of them dropped in their tracks.

Back