red dot sights on snow what are your experiences?

slimjim7878

I have a b.s.a red dot on my rifle . Yesterday I went out in the fresh snow to call some coyote . With no Sun at 3:30pm I couldn't see the dot. What I'm wondering is who has a red dot and how do they work on snow. I have used the aim point in a desert setting and had a hard time seeing the dot during daylight hours.

What brand do you have and how does it work in snow?

I have a aimpoint nv microt and it's fine with fresh snow
I have a aimpoint nv comp3 and the same with it.

Did you try replacing your battery??

I have a bushnell trs-25 and no problems using it on snow. With snow on the ground I usually just have to turn up the brightness a little bit.

Originally Posted By: brainedTry replacing your sight. Non BSA preferrably.
I'll bet this answer really helped him out.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: brainedTry replacing your sight. Non BSA preferrably.

Bout like your comment then huh? Have a nice day.
thumbup1.gif

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC on both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. I've had ZERO issues seeing my 4 MOA dot during bright sunlight, snow, rain, etc.

I have a Bushnell trophy and Weaver micro dot.No problem with snow unless the suns real bright.Then I do have to go to a higher brightness setting.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: brainedTry replacing your sight. Non BSA preferrably.

Probably the best answer so far actually. My luck with BSA has all been bad. Don't own a single BSA product now, and so far have had much better results.

Back