Michigan Roll Call

Gratiot county, Ithaca. I have killed yotes,fox,cats and coons all over our great state. If i recall corectly I called and killed my first fox in 1988. I guess I have been at it awhile.

Iron Co. resident here. Not much time spent hunting so far this year. Calling is tough here in the U.P. Coyote numbers seem to be down compared to years ago . Lots of people think the wolves are keeping them that way. This has been the coldest winter I can remember and the snow is really piling up. Deer are already starting to die in the west and northern U.P. so i have been told.

cold finger, I am somewhere on this thread already, but I am in the Holland area. It has been a brutal winter here also. I don't like to hunt with snow up to my back side, so I'm not in the loop either. I'd like to get a chance at a wolf myself, but the DNR refuses to admit they exist here, and if the do they may have a transmitter under their skin.

I did not buy a wolf tag this past season. I knew it would be tough to tag two mature bucks as it was, so I opted to pass on the $100. wolf tag. If trapping would have been allowed or if the season would have been into winter and not closed on Jan. first I would have wolf hunted. About a year ago I called in a pair of wolves with a mouth call. One was BIG, black and white the other looked like a large coyote. they both would have been easy to kill with a rifle. My partner and I both would have killed the smaller of the two if it had been alone. At 70 yards on open snow covered ground it looked like a big coyote.I have not hunted at night for fear of mistaking a small wolf for a coyote.

Recently relocated to Ypsilanti township from Central Ohio. I haven't found any places to hunt in this area. If anyone within about 45 minutes drive is looking for a hunting partner get in touch with me. Please know that I'm still new to predator hunting so I will ask a lot of questions and probably make a few mistakes.

Try the large farms west of Saline and in the Clinton area. I've seen Yotes along the road this winter. Show your nice side to the farmer.

Back