Nervous about buying an E- caller after reading reviews

I bought a Foxpro Firestorm about 5 years ago and never had much luck with it. It sounded great and called in a few yotes but not as many as I had hoped. I had better luck with my hand call. So i sold it. I decided later to try another Ecall so I went with cheaper IcoTech gc300 for about $75. Surprisingly i called in 6 yotes the first weekend i used it. That same year i won a Foxpro Fury ll in a photo contest from Nosejammer. I took it and my Icotech up to the Jemez Mountains here in NM for a 4 day hunting trip. Called one yote with the Foxpro and 4 with the Icotech. I ended up selling the Foxpro because i needed the money for a new camera. I now have a Primos Alpha Dogg I got for Christmas from my wife. So far this year 6 trips out, 10 dogs down, 14 called in. Best year ever for me so far. Ordered some new hand calls from Kerry Carver yesterday. Can't wait to try them out. No batteries required and a lot easier to haul around.

One thing is for sure. The price you pay for your call or caller is not always commensurate with your success. You can shorten the learning curve, but you can't buy your way into this game. You 'gotta pay your dues.

one more great option with the alpha dogg... The Expert Hunts.

You can use them with success... or just play them as your own personal teacher.... either way... they will benefit you more by them being there... then not having them at all.

And it gives you an idea as to how to make your own sequences.

ps...that's a good tip Cma ... about not being able to buy your way into success.

Last edited:
Back