Favorite factory ammo 7mm-08?

dog driller

Finally picked up a short action-- was looking for a .243 but ended up with a Marlin 7mm-08 thanks to many of the posts on here. I know 7mm-08 has limited factory ammo choices - which did not concern me 120 or 140. But this got me thinking about brands. I have used winchester super X for years with no problems -- not fancy just reliable and my 270 likes them and what I hit stays down. So I went right to 140 gr for the 7mm-08. Just curious what any of you might be using for factory ammo in 7mm-08?

When I had my 7mm-08 many years back, I used rem core lokt 140gr. It worked real well in my rifle and I took a mule deer, whitetail and antelope with it.

I guess it boils down to what your rifle shoots well. Try and buy and use different brands and see what your rifle shoots the best.

Good luck and happy hunting

Wayne

Ran Remington 140gr. Core-Lokts for years until I started reloading mine 2 years ago with Sierra Game Kings. They've been dropping whitetails for me and my buddy for years. Good, simple bullet. I only stopped using them due to cost and wanting to reload for all my guns.

My son uses the Privi line of ammo in 140gr, a lot less than the "big" named stuff and very accurate in his Savage.
I hand load Sierras 140g JSPGK bullet in my 7-08.

I like the Hornady Superperformance 139 grain SST. Killed a few hogs and deer last year and worked well. Shoots about 3/4" all day in my Savage.

My Ruger 77 MII really like HSM ammo with 140 grain Berger VLDs, but not much else.
frown.gif

The only factory ammo my Model 70 really seemed to like was Barnes Vor-TX loaded with the 120 gr. TTSX. Just a little spendy and difficult to get locally. This is what pushed me into reloading.

Back