7mm 120gr Nosler ballistic tips in 7mm-08

i have used the 140 NBT and the speer 130 SBT, along with the nosler 120. they are all excellent for deer. ive experimented with different powders from IMR 3031 to H4831. All shot close to an inch or under at a hundred yards. 7mm08 is very user friendly.

Originally Posted By: jdunhamAll I use in my 7mm08s. Varget, RL15, H414, all give pretty good results depending on your individual rifle. 48gr of Big Game in mine is extremely accurate and what I use.

Originally Posted By: swift one

I have yet to kill anything with the 120gr NBT. It makes teeny little groups at 100yds, and shoots sub MOA out to 450 for me. At 200yds however, I am stumped. It's all over the place. I mean 4-5" groups. I dont get it. And I have only had one other bullet do this in my 7/08- the 120gr Vmax. I dont know if I need to tweek the load or if my rifle is telling me that it doesnt like 120gr pills.

Which rifles are you two shooting these 120grain BTs out of? I have a Ruger M77 MKII that I will be reloading for this evening/weekend.

Originally Posted By: shankboneOriginally Posted By: jdunhamAll I use in my 7mm08s. Varget, RL15, H414, all give pretty good results depending on your individual rifle. 48gr of Big Game in mine is extremely accurate and what I use.

Originally Posted By: swift one

I have yet to kill anything with the 120gr NBT. It makes teeny little groups at 100yds, and shoots sub MOA out to 450 for me. At 200yds however, I am stumped. It's all over the place. I mean 4-5" groups. I dont get it. And I have only had one other bullet do this in my 7/08- the 120gr Vmax. I dont know if I need to tweek the load or if my rifle is telling me that it doesnt like 120gr pills.

Which rifles are you two shooting these 120grain BTs out of? I have a Ruger M77 MKII that I will be reloading for this evening/weekend.

I am running the 120s in a Stevens 200 with the stock barrel.

Back