Prime bobcat fur prices?

Sounds like things rant going to go skyrocket like we have seen in the past I have a feeling that a lot of cats will be held over till the May sale which will drive the price down, but it's still 500-600 tops which isn't to bad, I got a guy coming to look at my furs tomorrow well see what he offers me for my cats.

Originally Posted By: 22catso about how much can you get for a bobcat? I just got a big long tom Saturday and need some money

Big well handled tom from your area- 80-110 dollars.

Last edited:
EJ, how many cats did you sell? Are you saying you released all your females? How many releases? No fox? Been catching grey's wish we had reds!!! Do you try not to put lures that would catch fox to make sure you don't miss a cat? Last Question was for everybody who targets cats!!

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter how many cats I had. I like to release females if I can, if foots not frozen or beat up.

Lol I had a single red I got $50 for. Mostly where I catch my cats there is pretty much only cats and a few random coyotes that avoid my exposed sets.

top cat in Az last year was 1300 dollars, I hope they are not down as far as you guys say.. I will have to save them for a later sale.

JD

Originally Posted By: bigdog1top cat in Az last year was 1300 dollars, I hope they are not down as far as you guys say.. I will have to save them for a later sale.

JD

Are you serious. $600 is a lot of money for a piece of fur, you guys make me laugh, you think it should always be the same as it was the year before. Its a gamble for sure, you might end up cutting your own throat.

Averages have been crap and both sales, I seen 2 nice cats from Wyoming that went to that sale and only brought $350 a piece and they were really nice toms over 40". Be interesting to see what the Utah and Nevada sales do, I'm kind of glad I sole most my cats earlier.

Originally Posted By: bigdog1top cat in Az last year was 1300 dollars, I hope they are not down as far as you guys say.. I will have to save them for a later sale.

JD

this is incorrect. the top cat in az last year was at the Kingman fur sale and it was $1520 I believe, might have been $1525.

Yeah. prices at the Arizona sale was down as well. . . . . hopefully we can see some turn around for NAFA and the end of the sale season. . . .

I talked to my fur buyer yesterday and he said that the average for the Arizona sale was $250 hopefully I remembered the right price.

Back