Fur-finder electronic caller

I have used them for the last 2 year. Not impressed. !!! I have caught a dozen cats this year and not one of them were from a set with a electronic devise. If you read on this site much, you won't hear any of the top cat trappers talk much if any about using them!! Not saying they don't work, just hasn't been my experience!!

I have one and have had it out for the first time this season. I am using them with my cage traps, and so far only one non-target catch. A great horned owl. Opened up the door, and he didn't hesitate taking off out of there.

In my personal opinion, you need to find a location where you can place the device far enough back in the brush, and then create a couple of avenues to the device and place your traps there. With no volume control, it is very loud, and I believe too loud to have a predator come in close range for a trap.

The one I have in the field right now, I have had grey fox come up within a few feet on two different occasions, without committing to where I have the trap close by. I need to re-make the set and create more distance between it and the trap. Best of luck to you.

Back