Internet trapper, lol

Here he is, #13 on this farm! he has a pale belly like the one on the highway 2 days before, I pulled these sets.

He is just about asleep! lol

This big I mean big male was on the top of the ditch, and the last one was on the bank almost at the botttom, 20yds apart, he died so fast it didn't damage the grass, I was busy with the one in the ditch, from 15' I thin I didn't see this one til the next day.

2 big males same spot on the same night, running deer?

Last edited:
this nice male is the first one caught using grass as a cover bedding. The next night a female came up and missed the pan by 3-4", oh so lucky, next time!
He probably chewed the snare off 50yds away last week, he had a groove in his canine, and wore cutters. That would mean I re-caught all 9 chewed off.

He had 2 pass through wounds on hiim, the rear thigh, and over the spine on the upper chest

I wondered why twice one or both coyotes went and looked into this culvert. I set a #3 in some grass on the ice to catch the coyote, this nice dark female came out and got caught. Coyotes wanted to eat her I bet, I hope they come back through tonight, they have been too lucky too long!

Last edited:
T20 I grew up in Dunnell and was wondering about the shale bedding you mentioned never heard of it. Still run around with Danny J from Dunnell.

this tall, big dog missed this snare,

but, he didn't miss this one 50yds further down the trail, LOL

He was my 2nd or 3rd biggest this yr, stretched 2" longer than my stretcher

thanks, many days I had to be back to work by 12 or 2pm. next fall I'm going to have things set up better, already got more permission. If we had normal number of pups I would be over 100 I think. I think I got 8-10 pups out of the 72, that would seem low to me.

I know how that is. I have been so busy at work this year I only got to run a dozen traps. Normally I would have 50 to 80 out. Hopefully next year will be slower at work during trapping season. That is quite a low number of pups but 72 dogs is doing pretty dang good if you ask me. Really like seeing the pictures.

I figured a normal year, not with distemper a yr before, I should have seen half of my catch as pups? maybe the big adults would have avoided sets seeing pups in them? i was suprised to see so many really big, big adults. I think I got 5 of my biggest 7-10 just this yr, and thats out of hundreds of coyotes in my career.

no, as long as you dont need to worry about things like keeping the grass up on a snare set. Cats are oblivious to traps, any added odor like coyote stuff wont matter. I have only seen cats in WY.

Back