Deleting presets on the shockwave remote?

5spd

I have searched around but cannot find any info on how to delete all the pre set sounds I have in my shockwave remote.
I can replace them yes, but need to remove them completely. The manual fails to state that info. I only see where to hook up the base to edit them, but no mention of preset removal at all on the remote. If I remove them from the base unit is that going to do what I want, will I have to re-synch them just to give me a clean slate on the remote?.
Anyone know the answer?

Originally Posted By: 5spdIf I remove them from the base unit is that going to do what I want, will I have to re-synch them just to give me a clean slate on the remote?.
Anyone know the answer?

I would think yes. But wait for YY just to make sure. He'll be along shortly.

Originally Posted By: stoney15Never tried it but what about hitting the restore default settings button under the TX1000 settings menu.
That will delete ALL my own settings including sound categories back to factory...don't want to do everything again w/that.
Thanks YY, I kinda thought that would do it, BUT didn't want any other changes.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: stoney15Never tried it but what about hitting the restore default settings button under the TX1000 settings menu.
That will delete ALL my own settings including sound categories back to factory...don't want to do everything again w/that.
Thanks YY, I kinda thought that would do it, BUT didn't want any other changes.
That shouldn't change the categories you have set. They are saved to the caller when you sync it to the computer, so when you re-sync your remote to the caller it should transfer the categories too just not your presets.

Another way I found to delete them is if you haven't already updated the remote to the newest firmware, do that. It cleared out all my presets when it updated. All my categories and sounds were unchanged, but all the presets disappeared.

Back